Yeah the whole song title is The Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court, but that was obscenely long for a forum title so I only wrote part of it. Anyways I had the acoustic part sitting around for a while, but the vocals. Geez those were hard, The first I did sitting down, and I didn't like it. So for the rest of the song I'm standing up and I liked the sound better, I don't know I'm not the greatest singer in the world, but I tried,

Crits appreciated, and

Crit for Crit *Make sure to leave a link*

Linkage: myspace.com/TheSuperCools

Thanks
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Last edited by juniorfr3ak at Feb 4, 2007,
Quote by ygokazuki
Nice acoustic tone, change your strings maybe? Fret noise is very apparent.
I'm not a big fan of your voice, but it's in tune and fits well.
I liked the little acoustic panning at :50, nice.
Overall not bad, solid recording, just work on your singing, more power I guess.
Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517743 thanks!

Yeah I actually think that might be my guitar, see it has an aluminum fretboard... ick ...
It was made in 1980 something, and needless to say the whole aluminum fretboard didn't catch on... makes a nice slide guitar sound though
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by juniorfr3ak
Yeah I actually think that might be my guitar, see it has an aluminum fretboard... ick ...
It was made in 1980 something, and needless to say the whole aluminum fretboard didn't catch on... makes a nice slide guitar sound though
Haha really? I've actually never heard of that, interesting. Got any pics of the gtr?
I thought you did great. Is this song an original? If it is, then I am even more impressed. The guitar was excellent. I didn't hear much buzzing at all, but then again, I have shytty computer speakers!! I thought your rhythm was perfect and your vocals, I think they just lack strength. You were in tune but just forget what you think you sound like and just sing. Overall 9/10 from me. Nice work.

Crit my version of Plush please?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518105
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Not bad. the guitar work was good, and that was a decent attempt at vocals.... but overall pretty good.
yeah the neck is some kind of wood I'm not sure I need to look that up, and the fretboard is aluminum

notice that theres no grain... that's because it's not wood... its aluminum, and there are two spots on the picture that I have played so much that the paint has worn off, and has left the bare aluminum, oh and the reason you can only see one is because of the awkward shadow

Alright thats the guitar

and cnorthern I'll crit your cover of plush today but my speakers are spazzing out right now
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by juniorfr3ak at Feb 8, 2007,
hey dude. pretty good cover. i wasn that fond of when you went low with your vocals, or the "woah-oh-oh-oooh" interlude part. but guitar sounded pretty flawless. nice job overall dude.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.