sup guys

i'm rlly into jack johnson, can play alot of his stuff, but i havent found any other band/artist that writes good stuff like his.

anyone know any bands like that? suggestions are appreciated
I once tried to eat something I found on my balls. It turned out to be a cookie.

Quote by Darkrunner
Faggot and homo.....nothing wrong with those terms. They simply describe a man who sticks his weiner in another man's turd tunnel.......
Matt Costa
Mason Jennings
The Beautiful Girls
Ben Gibbard/Deathcab for Cutie
Sufjan Stevens
DUDE JACK JOHNSON SUCKS he doesn't write good music...are u kidding me.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Quote by Schecter4lyfe

Favourite groups:
A7X, COB, HHLL

yeah, because you know good music...
Quote by Jearl
Favourite groups:
A7X, COB, HHLL

yeah, because you know good music...

are u kidding me all of my favorite groups are tecnicly skilled, these dude are ****ing insane...and jack johnson....blah

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

Then get the hell out of the acoustic forum.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
john mayer
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Schecter4lyfe

So, exactly what do you think you've added to this thread?
Matt Costa
Ryan Toohey
Tom Curren
sublime... kind of

and Jack Johnson is the best!!!
Schecter4lyfe...why don't you wander over to the shred forum and tell them how "tecnicly skilled" A7X are. When the flaming is done, just stop and think for a second...you don't need to be a flashy guitar player to be good. You don't even need to be a good guitar player to be a good artist. If the rest of the world was as narrow minded as you, legends like Bob Dylan would be unheard of today.

So **** off.

Threadstarter, someone earlier mentioned the Beautiful Girls and I've gotta back them up on this one, they are an incredible band and you should definitely check them out. Their myspace has some of their better songs on it, hope you enjoy!
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
I'm a jack johnsoner type, check out my music below
Class A Procrastinator and Class A Guitarist..
jj is good i like shreaders aswell but its 2 diffrent styles these people who say he plays slow or whatever get a life
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
Quote by Schecter4lyfe

You realise this isnt the pit don't you???
you can't come here and talk crap like that and FYI he is a pretty good Guitar Player and he would get more of a crowd going than A7X ever will.

TS Listen to some Josh Ritter you might like him.
SChecter is a moron... jack is the greatest!!! that guy only likes music where the artist is mad at their father and wines and cries in their songs. any way Ben Harper, Donovan F., Justin King, Jack's buddy G-Love and Special Sauce, and anybody with any real songwiting ability not like Schecter's crap.
anything on his record label you would probably like. Matt Costa, G. Love and Special Sauce, Ben Harper, Mason Jennings, some acoustic John Frusciante might tickle your fancy, John Mayer would work aswell.
It's not exactly the same but I like the John Butler trio and John mayer is good too.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
Quote by jase_connor
Schecter4lyfe...why don't you wander over to the shred forum and tell them how "tecnicly skilled" A7X are. When the flaming is done, just stop and think for a second...you don't need to be a flashy guitar player to be good. You don't even need to be a good guitar player to be a good artist. If the rest of the world was as narrow minded as you, legends like Bob Dylan would be unheard of today.

So **** off.

Threadstarter, someone earlier mentioned the Beautiful Girls and I've gotta back them up on this one, they are an incredible band and you should definitely check them out. Their myspace has some of their better songs on it, hope you enjoy!

when did i ever say that i hated acoustic guitarists...thats right i didn' i said i hated Jack Johnson. There are plenty of acoustic guitarist out there that are insane. John Mayer and bob dylan are just two. so dont put words in my mouth so that u can be pissed. get a ****in life moron

Schecter4lyfe....dear god.... i hate narrow minded ass clowns such as yourself. if i't not your style, shut the hell up. i can only hope you get hit by a bus so that we may cleanse the gene pool of wankers like you.
Quote by octavian
Look up the band "slackstring"

Nice - just downloaded a few songs - good stuff. Thanks!
Enough with the flaming, schecter gets a warning.

Do move on.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by FlatLander
Nice - just downloaded a few songs - good stuff. Thanks!

Make sure to get "sunday jen" that ones their best.
People have already covered most of the main ones, but I'd again second John Mayer. Not exactly the same, but Jack Johnson's my favorite recording artist and I really like a lot of Mayer's stuff as well. He plays a lot of his electric stuff just as good acoustic, too.
Yeah check out John Butler Trio, John Butler is an incredible musician, new album out soon, cant wait
"But lo, a stir is in the air! The Wave -- There is a movement there!"

Wow, logic..on the internets. I approve of thee, good sir.

Thats the same argument I use when I venemously defend Kurt Cobain...right before I punch the person who doesn't like him ! :P

Technical ability does not equal brilliant guitar playing. It's in the soul, dammit.
yeah well no matter how much soul you have if you play guitar like blink182 you still sound like shit.
Check out Amos Lee, Ben Harper, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, there are a lot, can't think of them atm though.

PS listening to the beautiful girls myspace atm, I like it.
Edit: I REALLY like it.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Last edited by Spydr at Feb 7, 2007,
jason mraz is a good artist and has sort of the same vibe, pretty good guitarist also.
check him out!
yea you should try some stuff by the plain white tee's, bright eyes, armor for sleep, and people have already said the beautiful girls but you should definitley check them out there good
You check out the cover of High Tide Low Tide that Jack Johnson and Ben Harper did together. Other than that, they do some other stuff together, and Ben Harpers also really good.

Quote by Schecter4lyfe
when did i ever say that i hated acoustic guitarists...thats right i didn' i said i hated Jack Johnson. There are plenty of acoustic guitarist out there that are insane. John Mayer and bob dylan are just two. so dont put words in my mouth so that u can be pissed. get a ****in life moron

Who cares...

So what if Jack Johnson isn't the best acoustic player out there, he plays with feeling, and he is extremely creative with his lyrics. I think the lyrics are most important to him, acoustic guitar must be just the instrument he chose and the style he wanted to ornament the lyrics. Just because this is in the acoustic forum doesn't mean that he has to be amazing at the guitar. He's great, not the greatest, so what.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Feb 8, 2007,
This might be kind of a far stretch, but Sublime does have that laid-back vibe