Hey whatsup guys i was just cheking some guitars out and an Alexi-200 caught my eye, Im a BIG fan for cob And i play most of they're stuff. What do you guys think about this guitar?

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=42&TempID=3&STRID=32147&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1345&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=4&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

Ive always wanted to have a floating floyd rose bridge to nail my dive-bomb's and a 24-fret. Well, tell me what you guys think about this guitar if it's a good value, thanks.
Yeh i have seen the guitar before. It looks awesome, but i dislike the fact that is has only 1 Humbucker.

So instead of that, i would advice you to go to the jackson section and check for the Randy Rhoads (RR) series. They kick major ass!
yeah the RR3 is ****ing sexy, but then you dont have the 24 frets or LFR. If you really want the FR and 24 frets go with the LTD, but tuning does get annoying. go to a guitar store and try them both out, you might even find a guitar you like there better then both of those.
first of all im no guitar expert

but if you're ok with a single humbucker go for it

if not find a better guitar

ESP/LTD has tons of 24-fret, floyd rose guitars that have a better value

but hey if you like the guitar what do our opinions mean?

haha
happy buying..
Quote by ImSheddingSkin

Thanks that was my second choice too haha but 1 question, If it only has one EMG pickup is it still a good value?
Quote by mynamesedson
Thanks that was my second choice too haha but 1 question, If it only has one EMG pickup is it still a good value?

Yeh sure it still has it's value, but no versatility. So basicly you'll be stuck with one tone, and the rest of the sound depends of your pedals and amplifier, while if you would get a double humbucker guitar, your range of tones would be a bit wider.

But as the guy above said, go to a center and try them out. Never buy before you try.
Oh and by the way. Is it possible to upgraid a guitar like take it somewhere and change one of the parts for instance the bridge? I know its a nooby question but help will be appreciated
You can change just about anything, though how easy it is to change depends on what you currently have.

For instance, if you but the guitar with one pickup you can always add a second one - if you're comfortable routing out the body of the guitar and fiddling with the electronics. I'm not comfortable with that at all, so I wouldn't. Same goes for the bridge - don't think that you can easily add a double-locking trem to a guitar with a fixed bridge. Not only would you have to rout the guitar out for the new trem to sit in, you'd also have to figure out how you would make the nut bigger to accommodate the locks instead of the typically skinny nut that a fixed-bridge guitar has.

Swapping one pickup for another or changing tuning machines isn't a big deal, but for the bigger modifications you're better off letting a pro handle it. Of course, after paying their prices, you may just find that it's more cost effective to save a bit longer and buy what you really want instead of buying what you can afford right now.
hey, sorry to interupt, didn't want to create a new topic, but i was wondering, what type of pickups are used in heavy metal style of music? If it is humbucker, can you give me some good distortion humbucker pickups that they use?
Quote by sevag00
hey, sorry to interupt, didn't want to create a new topic, but i was wondering, what type of pickups are used in heavy metal style of music? If it is humbucker, can you give me some good distortion humbucker pickups that they use?

Yes, it's usually a bridge humbucker.

For example, EMGs. But they're active so be careful.
R E G G A E
OK, what do you suggest. Buying a distortion humbucker pickup or a distortion pedal?
If i were to buy the humbucker, would i need to create second hole, cause my guitar is a strat so it has single coiled pickup.
Thanks.
Quote by sevag00
OK, what do you suggest. Buying a distortion humbucker pickup or a distortion pedal?
If i were to buy the humbucker, would i need to create second hole, cause my guitar is a strat so it has single coiled pickup.
Thanks.

there's no distortion humbuckers, just humbuckers that sound good with distortion(emg pups sound better with a tube amp, and most people don't like emg clean tone)

if you want to put a humbucker in a standart sss strat, you need to route the boddy so the pickup fit in the body, if you go with the emg, you need to route the body for the picuo and for a battery because emg's are active pickups and need a lot of work to get installed right

if you want distortion, just get a distortion pedal
a distortion pedal would be the way to go.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
but how do the bands in live concert play their guitar with distortion, i don't see any distortion pedal on the stage, does somebody do for them at backstage?