Okay this may sound like a stupid question but how do I power pedals without the use of batterys? I'm not too sure about it, I know you use some sort of power pack straight into a power supply, but I'm not sure what to get/where to get it from. Also do lots of little leads run from the power pack into the pedal? Or what are these daisy chains I have heard of Can anyone suggest a good power supply from a UK retailer thats fairly cheap? Thanks for any help
go to Maplin. Buy a 9v AC-DC adapter with more than 500ma of current output to be on the safe side, and a 'daisy chain' (basically an adapter which allows you to run up to 5 pedals (standard boss type, not electro-harmonix without slightly more tampering with adapers and such). Just ask when you get there, it shouldnt set you back more than about £15, less at the moment as there is a nice voltage ajustable power supply with 1000mA current in the sale for £5...bargain
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Thank you very much So I just buy the adapter, buy a daisy chain and run them all through that? Sounds easy I have a crybaby as well as some boss pedals, will that require a special adapter?
Crybaby may be different...I have 2 adapters for my board as the ME-50 needs a different input, but all maplin power supplies come with pretty much every connecter designed...and if it doesnt come with the exact one you need you can buy adapters for that...I've never owned a crybaby so I dont know really
Ceci n'est pas une signature
visual one spot, it can power 20 pedals no problem.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
What I do, is I have a Boss TU-2, and it has an external power supply. So I power the TU-2 with the adapter, then just run the daisy chain out from the external power supply to my other pedals.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Thank you for all the fast replies Okay so it seems this Maplin place will be my best bet (I've never actually seen one of their shops but I'm on their website ) now I don't know if this is a silly question but which of all these :

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=77880&MenuName=REGULATED%20MAINS%20ADAPTORS&FromMenu=y&worldid=-6&doy=4m2

would be the right one to buy There is a scary amount of choice and I've no idea which to get

Also I looked into the one spot adapter, but I could not find any UK retailers who supply it So it would seem I would have to put it into one of those plug adapter things But would this still work with the different voltage here?

Thanks again
Here's an idea.
Some of the people here in UG have GAS, jsut do a search from homemade pedal board.
Take a look at their power supply and you'll understand.
nuclear power station.

sorry.

you can get power supplies that'll power one pedal (you need to make sure the polarities and ratings etc. match up), or you can get ones that power multiple pedals (godlyke, visual sound one spot, vodoo labs pedal power etc.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cross fire~
Thank you for all the fast replies Okay so it seems this Maplin place will be my best bet (I've never actually seen one of their shops but I'm on their website ) now I don't know if this is a silly question but which of all these :

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=77880&MenuName=REGULATED%20MAINS%20ADAPTORS&FromMenu=y&worldid=-6&doy=4m2

would be the right one to buy There is a scary amount of choice and I've no idea which to get

Also I looked into the one spot adapter, but I could not find any UK retailers who supply it So it would seem I would have to put it into one of those plug adapter things But would this still work with the different voltage here?

Thanks again

Yes, according to Visual Sound the adapter automaticly converts voltage. I orderd mine today, i can let you know how it works when it comes in if you want. PM me.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.