Before i was thinking of getting a strat because i used to play classic rock and stuff but now im into Children of bodom,lamb of god,trivium,metallica,megadeth,maiden etc and i need a new guitar. My budget is around $1000 or 800 euros. Any suggestions from ESP Jackson or im guessing Ibanez is a metal guitar also? must have tremolo as well. And id like to avoid gibsons.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
Well, at least Maiden use Strats.. But if you have that much money, I don't know!=P
My Gear:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR
Ibanez GAX 30
Snarling Dogs Whine-O Wah
V-Amp 2
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Marshall 1982 4x12 Cab
Fender FM 210R

Member #23 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club.
PM Revelations to join!
If I'd like to get a guitar for playing Maiden songs, it would be a strat with floyd, and hotrails (single coil humbuckers). Thats pretty much what Dave plays I think..

I personally play a Jackson, and it suits my purposes, which are basically the same as yours.

Also |IronMaiden| I've got to join your club
Last edited by Cinder at Feb 4, 2007,
cinder could u recommend a model?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Last edited by Robot666 at Feb 4, 2007,
I have a Jackson Professional of some sort (asked at the JCF forum, they couldnt tell... lol), and it works fine, it is Japan made. Probably anything not made in India/Indonesia will work for you. I myself am currently in search for a Kelly model (very much like the Gibson Explorer, but more sleek in my opinion), and I'm applying the same rule there, no india/indonesia stuff, although I'm not enforcing it quite as much since I'm gonna be repainting it, so might as well not spend $1000 bucks on it.

For more in-depth knowledge you should ask around on jcfonline.com the official jackson forum. You can definitely get and awesome guitar for the kind of money youre willing to spend.
You could always get a American FR Strat. Then you could mod the hell out of it and stuff.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
strats arent good for your style....try an Ibanez from the RG series...check on muscians friend.com.....then if you decide to get it you can use all that money you saved to buy some pedals or somthing?
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by Cinder
If I'd like to get a guitar for playing Maiden songs, it would be a strat with floyd, and hotrails (single coil humbuckers). Thats pretty much what Dave plays I think..

I personally play a Jackson, and it suits my purposes, which are basically the same as yours.

Also |IronMaiden| I've got to join your club

Just PM Revelations to join!
My Gear:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR
Ibanez GAX 30
Snarling Dogs Whine-O Wah
V-Amp 2
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Marshall 1982 4x12 Cab
Fender FM 210R

Member #23 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club.
PM Revelations to join!
So im guessing ESP is out of the question ? ive been told the 400 series and above are amazing guitars especially for metal. Ibanez ive checked the rg350dx i liked but are there better models i can get for the budget i have?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Kinda like the same problem here , but not with that kind of budget unfortunately . I've been looking at some 2nd handed jacksons , mostly dkmg some with active pickups other with HZs that I could get for 400eur. The ibanez , with that kind of money maybe some rgt42dx for 650eur . Or maybe the rg1570 prestige. At least here in Portugal new they go for 800eur . lol I guess that covers most of all your pricerange . But , a seccond handed jackson with a good set up could get you going .

cheers

EDIT:Forgot to mention a new jacskon dkmg goes for 700eur aproximately
Last edited by Curren at Feb 6, 2007,
I was trying to go down more the line of ESP and was looking at the ESP M-II , MH-1000 w/emgs, M1000 and also went down and started looking at the 400 series such as the M400, MH400. Are there any major differences and with the music i play should i get 81 85 combo guitar or an 81 set? As for jackson i love the randy rhoads guitar ive played in the shop but it was a lower end one...is the RR3 any good ? The RR1 is definetly too expensive.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories: