wat do u think about it ? any drawbacks discovered ? any special things about it other than the specs..( thin neck .. edge pro )
Apart from what you said, it's got a nice finish. Not much else to say apart from that. No drawbacks or anything. Pickups could be a bit better but they're decent enough they're easily replaceable.
ibanez is known for having generally mediocre stock pickups in their guitars... until you get into the high end models...
id suggest EMG 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
EMGs blow...
The 1570 is probably one of the nicest reasonably priced 7-strings on the market. I wouldn't say there are any drawbacks to it that aren't based off of personal preference.
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
EMGs blow...
The 1570 is probably one of the nicest reasonably priced 7-strings on the market. I wouldn't say there are any drawbacks to it that aren't based off of personal preference.

RG1570 is 6 string. RG1527 is the 7 string equivalent.
Whoops... yeah... sorry, it's just the newer model. Same things still apply though.
The 570 was better because the original Edge tremolo held it's tuning a little better, the Edge Pro is still pretty decent though.

I've been in Iraq the past 7 months, you'll have to forgive me
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
awesome guitar except for the pickups. i'm looking for replacements for mine atm.

Great guitar. Of all the electric guitars I've played I think I like this one the best. The Bridge pickup is muddy and the neck sound thin but that can be fixed by taking the alnico magnet out of the bridge and puting it in the neck, and taking the ceramic magnet out of the neck pickup and putting it in the bridge. This adds a verry acoustic quality to the neck pickup when clean and when played with distortion it makes the pickup sound fuller do to a mid range boost, and slightly rolled off high end. It makes the bridge pickup sound brighter and tighter. Best part about that mod is that it's free. I do a lot of other pickup mods that are cheap and 100% reversable like degaussing the middle pickup to make it more vintage sounding, and adding neodynium magnets to the bridge pickup.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Feb 4, 2007,
Seems like an odd choice on Ibanez's part - common sense says to stick the ceramic magnet in the bridge and the alnico at the neck in the first place! Unless they're looking to offest the tonal characteristics of the two positions, which seems odd in itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have got a question.....i think my friend forgot to brign a tremolo bar for my guitar....and it has no tremolo bas....i wonder if anther brands tremolo bar could fit in....maybe jackson ??
If I were to buy an RG1570, and it has no whammy bar in it, do you think I could ask for it, and would they give it to me?
Quote by CorduroyEW
Great guitar. Of all the electric guitars I've played I think I like this one the best. The Bridge pickup is muddy and the neck sound thin but that can be fixed by taking the alnico magnet out of the bridge and puting it in the neck, and taking the ceramic magnet out of the neck pickup and putting it in the bridge. This adds a verry acoustic quality to the neck pickup when clean and when played with distortion it makes the pickup sound fuller do to a mid range boost, and slightly rolled off high end. It makes the bridge pickup sound brighter and tighter. Best part about that mod is that it's free. I do a lot of other pickup mods that are cheap and 100% reversable like degaussing the middle pickup to make it more vintage sounding, and adding neodynium magnets to the bridge pickup.

Any chance on an explanation on how I could do this with the magnets? Is it easily reversible if I don't like it as much?
Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Whoops... yeah... sorry, it's just the newer model. Same things still apply though.
The 570 was better because the original Edge tremolo held it's tuning a little better, the Edge Pro is still pretty decent though.

Well, thank you very much for serving for our country.

Anyways, I've never had any tuning problems with the Edge pro. I own a 1570, and I'm very heavy on the trem, and no tuning problems. I would say its eqaul, if not better than the original Edge. Just my 2c.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by SeanG
Any chance on an explanation on how I could do this with the magnets? Is it easily reversible if I don't like it as much?

Take the cloth tape off the pickups.

Undo the 4 brass screws that hold the pickups together.

Now you should be alble to take the magnets out

Take the magnets out. If I remeber correctly the slug side of the alnico magnet is marked with black dots and the slug side of the ceramic magnet is painted white. It is importants that the magnets go back into the pickups the right way so take note of any markings on the magnets. The side of the magnet that was facing the slugs in the bridge needs to face the slugs in the neck. The side that was facing the adjustable poles needs to face the poles.

Put the magnets back in facing the right directions. and put the pickups back together. Put the cloth tape back on the pickups.

Thats it. If the pickups sound really thin when you are playing in the 2nd and 4th switch positions then you have the magnets in backwards. Take them out and flip them over.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
EMGs blow...

Holy shit! I haven't seen you around here in a while. Glad you made it back safe.
Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥

Cough, cruise.

Just kiddin' bud.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
my friend bought the guitar from sam ash....and that motherf*cker...has sold the guitar case seperatly i think....and the whammy bar is probably stolen...and he had none in stock...but the guitar was cheaper....600$
Hey!

I bought my rg1570 a few years ago. Its ok. not great. The stock pickups are shit. Swap em out for some EMG 81/85's, or the Vai evolutions if you like passive tone. The neck is very thin, almost too thin but thats just your preference. One postive about the thin neck is the ability to set it up for ULTRA low action, which is always nice.

More Negitve. The Basswood body is SO thin sounding. It has almost no substance or presence. I never play it at shows. Skip the 570 and buy a prestige with a mahogeny body at least. Its more money but it will be getting a guitar you can use ferquently and be confident with. You'll thank me later, honest.
Meh i like the Basswood because while being a little bit bright, it is a fairly 'neutral' sounding wood. Basically this means that its tone is very dependant on what pickups you put in it as they are pretty much what colours it. I think this is why Ibanez is very often associated with some of the more powerful Dimarzio pickups, that could be somewhat overbearing in another type of wood but have a perfect balance in commonly alder Ibby's.

Alas, i am starting to grow apart from my RG a bit as my new strat fits me like a glove
Alas, i am starting to grow apart from my RG a bit as my new strat fits me like a glove

You have strat shaped hands?

You're right about the whole basswood/Dimarzio thing - RG's don't have the top end and snap of something like a strat, neither do they have the resonance of a mahogany bodied guitar (although that's probably got a lot to do with the floating bridge too). They're just somewhere inbetween, which suits some players but also means you maybe need more distinctive sounding pickups to give some character to the tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yea.

If basswood is your thing then thats cool. Your right on it. The pickups are what give you your tone in RG's. To my preference, I like the wood to color the tone a bit. : )

Interesting. I would be one to beleive a strat w/ single coils would sound weak compared the RG. I would never go back to fender, unless it was a neck-through mahagoney/maple top strat, which I dont even think is made. Did you supe-up your strat at all?

It would be amazing if there was a RG made that was neck-through, mahagoney/ maple top. Only way to get that is pay the ibanez custom shop $4000.
Quote by steven seagull
You have strat shaped hands?

No, the strat is shaped like a glove

IDK, the neck just feels a bit more comfortable to me, i mean, i've played the RG for the longest time and it has been a great guitar to learn on, but the strat just feels so damn natural; i cannot stress how comfortable the neck is.

As far as i'm aware it's an all stock 1990 American strat plus. Has a roller nut, locking tuners and Red/Blue/Silver Fender Lace pups. It's not that i have 'moved away' from Ibanez so to speak (i'm even considering another RG) it's just i find my strat more playable and sounds incredible.

It's my current go-to guitar but i'm still in the honeymoon stage (few weeks now) with it so we'll see...
i have a 1570L and i love it. the stock pick-ups are mediocre at best though, i put in a EMG 81 and 85. i found the trem to be a hassle with tuning so i blocked it but thats just me.