Hey guys,

I'm planning to use an equalizer for a smooth shifting sound, maybe you can compare it to some filters that are used in electronical music. But stomping on a GE-7 delivers just a *zack-another tone* without a transition. Is there a way to build an equalizer into your guitar, so you just can adjust it with your picking hand?
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
emm.. if you wanted you could super glue it on like Lmao! its a pretty stupid idea if you ask me though, what do you mean a smooth shifting sound? as in like a warp kind of effect ? because theres plenty of pedal out there that will do that for you say a phaser set at a slow rate or whatever.
No, I mean that you can cut the lows and highs, play with a telephone-like sound, and then pull them up again in a time intervall, as an example.

[edit] Maybe I can fix a pedal on my belt or something.
^ seconded.

ahh right ok... why dont you just try dropping the tone knob down to 0 on your guitar ? lol try it and see if it gets you ne close.. what guitar you using ?
I saw a guy with a built in EQ on some country music tv show once. It was pretty cool.
I'm using an Ibanez RG 270 DX with DiMarzio Evolutions. And no, the tone knob thing doesn't work like that ^^

I know a bass player who has additional knobs on his bass which serve as an EQ (he's got EMGs afaik). Hmm
^ seconded.

You could just buy an equalizer pedal and build it into the guitar.
...I don't really see the point though.
Quote by mr_hankey
You could just buy an equalizer pedal and build it into the guitar.
...I don't really see the point though.

Listen to some lounge or drum 'n base music
^ seconded.

Hmmm...the other thing to do would be to find a wah-style rocker pedal which functioned as an eq sweep...You're thinking of the filter knobs on keyboards right, so that it sweeps smoothly through all eq bands rather than just the narrow and uneven bands found on the guitar's tone/a regular wah? I'm sure you could find a pedal like that, or even adapt your current EQ to function in this way if you're that technically minded...it sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not surprised no-one here seems to see the point, most rock-type players are a lot less open to the 'corruption' of their music with other styles...I think it could be pretty cool though
Ceci n'est pas une signature
^ Thanks That pedal idea is really great, I will definatly do that.
And yeah, you see the point. I hate these guys who are thinking that metal > all or whatever. Okay, I'm listening to LOTS of metal, I'd say that I'm a metalhead, but there is so much other great music out there... Jazz, that electronical music, classical music, etc. etc. It's just a shame that these people will probably never find the beauty of that. =)
^ seconded.