Hey UG, I was just wondering how late you can stay up till playing your drum kit. I live in Australia so I dont know if it's different in different contries and Id like to know what it is. Thanks in advance
My friend used to live in council flats, and use to play his drums as loud as he could at near enough midnight. Yet I live in a friendlier neighbourhood and I stop playing about 8. Small children across the road live in my road.
I guess use your common sense.
TRANSFORMICE

Yeah as everyone said it's not a specific law, just use common sense and have respect.
If you like your neighbours I'd stop by 10 at the latest - otherwise play away until the police turn up.
actually birdy, there is a law in australia, (im a fellow aussie btw). the law is that u cannot play amplified instruments (including drums) after 11pm or before 7am. but like other have said, if you know when ure neighbours go to bed approx., or if they have kids, respect em

laters
Quote by Blackvelvet

That could be the single most logical, helpful response ive ever gotten from UG.
Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
wow. i don't give these out much, but...an e-cookie to GruntFuttock for being an EPIC good friend and a genius beside. bravo.
those dont do crap really, they make it quiter but still not quiet enough.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Snudge
get some silencer things and use them wen it starts gettin late

Yes, used silenced pistols...
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
The drummer in my band can play 'til ten, but it really depends on your area.

My friend lives in a huge detached house that's really quite far away from another house so he can play whenever he wants.
My mate and drummer in my band normally gets told to get off the drums at 9 or 10, he's not even allowed on them on sundays
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I stop playing my guitar at around 7/8ish, for respect for neighbours etc. But I'm sure if I were to play drums I'd stop before that.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
those dont do crap really, they make it quiter but still not quiet enough.

I disagree, I use these:

http://www.vicfirth.com/products/pads&mutes.html (scroll to bottom)

They're very good at silencing the drums. Even when you're sitting at the kit you can barely hear them, even the cymbals are muted well. They aren't great for band practice or something, because they're quite diffucult for others to hear. They're great for personal practice, though.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
I disagree, I use these:

http://www.vicfirth.com/products/pads&mutes.html (scroll to bottom)

They're very good at silencing the drums. Even when you're sitting at the kit you can barely hear them, even the cymbals are muted well. They aren't great for band practice or something, because they're quite diffucult for others to hear. They're great for personal practice, though.

I should get one of those, I live in a apartment.
Baby, can you dig your man?
He's a righteous man,
Baby, can you dig your man?

- Larry Underwood