hi, i have a peavey bandit 112 II open back amp. i want to close the back to get a tighter sound. The amp sounds best when i push it against a wall. What would should i use to close the back? i plan to just do a really basic job with a square piece of wood. will that even work or will it just make the amp sound like arse?

cheers
I think plain old plywood would do, that's what most cabinets and combos are made of anyway.
Oh and if your amp is open-backed there's a reason for that. Some amps sound better open some sound better closed. Trust the company that made the amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian
Oh and if your amp is open-backed there's a reason for that. Some amps sound better open some sound better closed. Trust the company that made the amp.

If he wants to close the back of his amp there is also a reason for that; maybe he wants a different sound.
Quote by Pleiadian
I think plain old plywood would do, that's what most cabinets and combos are made of anyway.

Fair point. I think i will give it a go though. whatever mofication i end up making should be easy to undo. I'll try and get hold of some plywood then. cheers guys