Hey there!

I need to upgrade my amp, and I'm looking at the roland cube 60 and the laney lc15 amps. I might be in a band soon and I really need to know what would be best. i've heard great things about the roland but i was was wondering if the laney tube was better. i play just standard rock, and indie. I want to use effects with the amp as well so i want the amp to work well with fx.

cheers.
I'd probably go for the Laney. It's more geared for rock and lighter stuff, while the Roland has more gain.
laney
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
if i linked up an od pedal with the laney will i get i really a sweet sound for soloing?
I'd take the Laney. It has a great tone and can be loud enough for decent sized gigs. As for effects the Laney handles it pretty well. I had one with a wah and some other pedals once in a while and it sounded great.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
^^cheers, i appreciate that, the laney sounds very good, i might get it. If there are any other small tube amps you know that are better than the laney people please post
Try them both out and see.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by the_guy
^^cheers, i appreciate that, the laney sounds very good, i might get it. If there are any other small tube amps you know that are better than the laney people please post

I've never played the laney, but the crate v1512 (or palamino 16) is the best tube combo I've played in the 400 dollar range.
Fender Blues Junior FTW sorry but both the amps you mentioned aren't that great.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
Hey.

I got both of them.

Got first the Laney LC15r and loved it, but I had to return it because it can't play with a lot of distorsion at low volumes for practicing (i wanted to be able to practice with it without annoying the neighbours), while it souded pretty sweet cranked up.

So I got a roland cube 60 instead, and am loving it so far nice sound at low and high volume, tho there was a difference in tone with the tube and the SS amp.
Quote by Jimmy94
I've never played the laney, but the crate v1512 (or palamino 16) is the best tube combo I've played in the 400 dollar range.

I played on 1 last week - awesome Amp - Crate has proven themselves to me. The Palomino V32 must be sweet too
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Laney FTW!
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by strangedogs
I played on 1 last week - awesome Amp - Crate has proven themselves to me. The Palomino V32 must be sweet too

the v32 has a footswitch and better reverb. It was way too loud for me though, living in an apartment.