Page 1 of 2
One of the first guitars I bought was an ESP LTD with a Floyd Rose, not my style at ALL. I regret that purchase definitely. I traded it in for a Strat sometime after. What about you guys? Have you ever purchased a guitar then realized, "what was I thinking?"
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
im bought a shitty jackson dinky for 300 bucks cause it had a floyd. little did i know it was going to turn to shit in about 2 months. trading it in for a new tube amp
realsied about a year and a half after getting it that the Spider 2 doesnt really sound that great

thats the worst mistake so far
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Buying my Del rey because ive never seen a double cut les paul before and i thought it was novel. I HATE EPIs/GIBSONs I cant play on them at all and it was a waste of money. Its a great guitar i just hate it.
erm, i bought a bc rich once....nuff sed

and iv had a fair few epi's all turned out shit apart from my g-400 which i love!

its a strange ol' world
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
bought a spider II instead of a FM.

this was a mistake cos buying an FM wouldve saved me around 150, which could of bought me a nicer guitar. (i ended up getting a blues junior anyway)
Nothing that I regret at all, but I do think: What if I would have bought a Strat or Tele instead of the Epiphone Dot?
Sent from my iPad.
My Epiphone Les Paul Custom. It's cool and a limited edition, but I realized that LP aren't for me. Too late. I'm going to have to go on with that guitar till I can buy a new one, hopefully, a good Ibanez or ESP, which are my favourite.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Buying a Roland Cube 15 (it's the runt of the family with no models ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
My second electric Ibanez GRG170DX. I just got my first unemployment check and had to buy a new guitar without even knowing what I wanted. I went to the store and bought the only metal guitar under 200€.
probably building my own guitar..I spent about $1000 on the wood/parts/etc. Unfortunately it doesn't look/feel like a $1000 guitar..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Bought a gibson with fret buzz problems. Of course, i couldn't know that coz they didn't appear until i tuned it down half a step...
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
buying the Maverick was a big mistake...it just sucks. not what i wanted at all. gonna trade it in soon for an LTD or and Ibanez...
Quote by Guitar-freak
Bought a gibson with fret buzz problems. Of course, i couldn't know that coz they didn't appear until i tuned it down half a step...

umm adjust yuor action...
The action is pretty high.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Guitar-freak
The action is pretty high.

Therefore adjust it.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK
Therefore adjust it.

well than i dont know then.

i dont think its the guitar.

is it that custom you were planning to get?
I traded my les paul with case for a ltd esp m-100 with gig bag and a cable because the esp had a floyd rose and 24 frets and now 3 weeks later. I like the floyd rose and 24 frets but the guitars shit so im trying to sell it to get a better one.
lets see, i bought a marshall mg15 to start and a squier tom delonge strat because the ****in salesman owned me when i was young, then i bought a crate gt65, sold that for a spider II, then i bought a jackson slsmg soloist that id kill for right now, but i sold it for a DK2, which i sold for a js30, lol this just keeps on goin, finally i started from scratch, bought this ibanez which is ok, getting rid of it soon, and a carvin mts3200 tube combo which is great and should last me..
Quote by JJK
Therefore adjust it.

Isn't fret buzz associated with low action. If its fret buzz when you have high action, isn't it supposed to be the neck its something wrong with? Anyways, I don't want any lower action than i currently have. Any lower, and i'd have problems with bends, and thats just not flyin' with me.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Guitar-freak
Isn't fret buzz associated with low action. If its fret buzz when you have high action, isn't it supposed to be the neck its something wrong with? Anyways, I don't want any lower action than i currently have. Any lower, and i'd have problems with bends, and thats just not flyin' with me.

The truss rod needs adjustment.

Take it in for a setup...
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Guitar-freak

could it be that you need to adjust your truss rod?

EDIT: damn, beaten to it.
^Hehe, yeah thats what i thought. Its a brand new guitar and it cost me like 1700 bucks so i'll rather just return it. I don't want problems like that when buying so expensive equipment.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Guitar-freak
^Hehe, yeah thats what i thought. Its a brand new guitar and it cost me like 1700 bucks so i'll rather just return it. I don't want problems like that when buying so expensive equipment.

its not a problem. its a normal setup...
^I know, but its still a problem. Kinda... I don't like having such an expensive guitar anyway. I'll always be afraid that its a dud and im too stupid to realize it. Thats just the way things are.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Guitar-freak
^I know, but its still a problem. Kinda... I don't like having such an expensive guitar anyway. I'll always be afraid that its a dud and im too stupid to realize it. Thats just the way things are.

trade it in and buy 4 strats
My epiphone explorer.
I practically never play it.

It's so bulky and I bought it for look alone.

I wouldn't buy it again, but I won't sell/trade it either....
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Gibby V. I got it custom made and everything, cost me a whole lot. I hate it, and hardly play. i have only played it at most 10 hours. I'm trying to sell it now
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Arlabester
trade it in and buy 4 strats

I already have a strat which i love btw No problems whatsoever. Although i'd like to install a 'bucker in the bridge. I'm thinking that i'll wait until summer with buying the new guitar, it just seems smarter
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Arlabester
its not a problem. its a normal setup...

When you're paying over 800 for a guitar, it had better be properly set up by the people at the store already.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Buying a Roland Cube 15 (it's the runt of the family with no models ).

Haha Yeah I have a Micro Cube.. Even Lower but i just hook it up to an old bigger clean peavey amp my dad has. But.. it was a christmas present when i first started so better then nothing
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Buying a BC Rich
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
I'd like to think I've never made a mistake buying gear, but you always second guess yourself, thinking that maybe you should've gotten that other guitar, or that other amp.
i dont regret any of my purchases, but ive only bought a amp and a distortion pedal.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
I bought a maverick f1 on off a shops internet site, after seeing it in the shop but not playing it. It turned out to be a brilliant idea afterall and i treasure it now, but buying without testing could've been a real mistake.
Doctor: Wait a minute, Brian, you have a pre-existing relationship with this degenerate?
Peter: A degenerate, am I? Well you are a festizio! See, I can make up words too, sister.
Quote by guitarkid7
Haha Yeah I have a Micro Cube.. Even Lower but i just hook it up to an old bigger clean peavey amp my dad has. But.. it was a christmas present when i first started so better then nothing

The microcube has some models and effects...

The 15 watter has squat.

Microcube >>>>>> 15 watt.
Quote by utsapp89
The ibanez shred hed pack... great for a beginner, which I still am, but it doesn't like to stay in tune at all and the amp blows... American Strat here I come, still unsure of which amp though
Let's see . . . my first guitar was a mistake. It was a really awful Cort X-2 that just loved to crap out on me -- if it wasn't a wire shorting out, it was the solder on the jack wire coming undone. I really got sick of taking it to the shop every other week and soon went out and bought a Squier Affinity Strat, which was my second mistake. After a while, I found that guitar to be really inadequate, so I made my third mistake and purchased a Squier Telecaster Special (a Standard this time).

I eventually found that to be sub-par, so then I eventually bought a Fender Strat. Not a mistake.

I got rid of the Cort; traded it in on a horrible Johnson acoustic. Fourth mistake.

With one-hundred bucks in X-Mas cash, I bought an '85 Fender acoustic. Not a mistake.

Then, finally, I decided I wanted a guitar with decent humbuckers. With four-hundred bucks in X-Mas cash, I buy a Les Paul. Not a mistake.

So now I'm a wierdo -- I use a Strat and a Les Paul and love them both. I also have three guitars I do not need and do not play. That said, anyone want to buy one?
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Page 1 of 2