SillyRabbit
Banned
1,299 IQ
Me and my old drummer were playing in his basement, and then we decided to video tape Me playing the drums and him playing guitar, His parents knew i played guitar and when they heard how bad they thought their kid was they came running down. only to find me ahahhaah lol and they said. Thank god its only ryan lol it was amazing we even had it on camera only andy deleted it so we could actually use it to record an actual practise,

*note* Using a camcorder to tape a jam session can be good for later viewing, to see what you're doing wrong. It can also be bad and embarrasing HEHEH

Edit. just post funny band practise moments
Last edited by SillyRabbit at Feb 4, 2007,
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
My drummer was smashing out at the drums, then his drum sticks flew accross the room and hit our bass player.
tilleking
1,199 IQ
My drummer was smashing out at the drums, then his drum sticks flew accross the room and hit our bass player.

Happens all the time with us...

lol
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

Sweetbabyjezuz
1,179 IQ
At the last practice our drummer was rocking out and i guess (don't know much about drums) on one of his drums or cymbals there was like a paper circular piece that he ended up smacking out of the drum, and it spun across the room like a frisbee and landed like a horseshoe onto the rhythme guitarists guitar neck.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
anoceanapart
145 IQ
I guess nothing funny really...except for the practice we stopped playing and watched Spinal Tap.

That was 2 hours of funny.
Your Majesty | All Lyrics/Melody/Piano/Guitar parts written by me. Please have a listen.
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
When musicians practice with me, they know nothing is going to be funny because I'm serious. The only funny things have been out of our control. One was when a friend of our band came rushing to practice one day and told the guitarist he better hurry up and come with him because some crazy furnisher store owner was going through his car since he had illegally parked.

The other one had to do with locations where I have practiced with people before. The worst was when one of my friends was slightly homeless and him and his dad were living in the crab/seafood processing plant where they lived. Imagine practicing in a crab cooler that constantly smelled like fish.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
i feel over the drum kit during a bass solo at a rehersal a while, i kept going and somehow our drummer kept the rythm going while trying to get me off (i was sober at the time)
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
t3hrav3n
Unpaid Peavey Endorsee.
742 IQ
i was practicing at my drummer's house with his sister upstairs. after we had finished a song, his sister said that she thought that we were playing a cd really loud and that we sounded professional.

she knows nothing about music, however, and it would've meant more coming from someone who did.

also, we stopped practice one time to make a movie in which i taught my bandmates how to play their instruments (it was funny, because the premise was that i made them play much worse). i was walking off camera and i walked by the drummer's kit and knocked over a few of his symbols. i kept a totally straight face and continued off screen. giggling and picking up of symbols ensued.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
SGRocker407
Metalhead
125 IQ
Oh jeez.

The first band I was ever in, was made up of me and my best friends. We would constantly take breaks from practice to discuss what was going on while getting some sodas and whatnot. Well, one night, we decided to run down to the corner store and grab some energy drinks. We did, getting home an hour later after almost being hit by a car, and having people chase us becuase we were playing air instruments in the streets. When we got home, we decided to play rock-paper-scissors for the energy drinks. Once they were all separated, we drank them all. Literally, everyone had at least 6. The next 4 hours were filled with laughing at things that weren't funny at all, throwing the cans at people that messed up, and eventually just crashing on the floor, still wearing our instruments.

Once more, on a different day, we decided to go to Taco Bell (pre-ecoli). We took a small voice recorder with us, that we were using to get acoustic concept ideas down that night. We ended up making a 3-part triligoy, we named "The Taco Bell Adventure," Which features us eating, saying stupid jokes, almost hitting an old lady in a parking lot, and listening to Slayer WAY too loud. Ah, what fun.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Mr.Rodgers
I could do with a
455 IQ
Quote by Dutch_Apples
When musicians practice with me, they know nothing is going to be funny because I'm serious.

Wow. You sound a barrel of laughs...

The point was to post funny accidental things that have happened at practices. Like the one time my drummer was doing a drum roll and he leaned too far back and fell back off his throne. Was fuccking hilarious.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Quote by Mr.Rodgers
Wow. You sound a barrel of laughs...

Look at my signature.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Metal Massacre
Not a Registered User
253 IQ
About three days ago my synth/vocalist pulled down his pants during practice.

We saw his hairy ass.

It was way funny.
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Quote by Metal Massacre
About three days ago my synth/vocalist pulled down his pants during practice.

We saw his hairy ass.

It was way funny.

That's not as much funny as it is sick. Hasn't he ever heard of Nair for Men?

The most UNintentionally funny band practice I have ever been to is when one of my bands decided to practice in mid-July when the temperature was going above 100 degrees. At the time they were practicing in a shed and the dumbass who owned it didn't put the air conditioner in like he said and left all the windows closed. It was hotter in the shed than it was outside. So they started to practice outside in 100 degree weather with all these gnats and flies around. There was also a little kiddie pool next to them. After that occasion I knew I had to do something better than that. But it's dedication? Side note: They broke up a few months later and only had 1 gig.
Mr.Rodgers
I could do with a
455 IQ
Quote by Dutch_Apples
The most UNintentionally funny band practice I have ever been to is when one of my bands decided to practice in mid-July when the temperature was going above 100 degrees. At the time they were practicing in a shed and the dumbass who owned it didn't put the air conditioner in like he said and left all the windows closed. It was hotter in the shed than it was outside. So they started to practice outside in 100 degree weather with all these gnats and flies around. There was also a little kiddie pool next to them. After that occasion I knew I had to do something better than that. But it's dedication? Side note: They broke up a few months later and only had 1 gig.

Who said I was right? lol.

Yeah, I've had many of them practices. But dedication all the way, it was like a competition who could get the sweatiest. (sp?)
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
civildp1
UG's resident narcoleptic
217 IQ
LOLZ one time our bass player tried to play the geetar and he sucked!!! ROFLCOPTER

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
take_it_t
Music Addict
818 IQ
We were playing a song, and than immediately after we played the last note the drummers cell phone rings with the ring tone of the song we had just played, it's all recorded too.
JagStang5246
2,119 IQ
My band has had many but the one that truly sticks out is when I had bought a pos tape recorder from walmart, and we had just got done jamming and just told odd stories and taped it all. One of the most memorable stories is when our bassist told the story of how his dog beats off then gets horrible shakes. lol, I think you'd have to be there to fully realize the fun that was had.
The way to hate
Banned
1,292 IQ
My band started an egging army on Christmas eve and us (and 9 others) went round and raped the whole town with eggs.

I win.
BeatleLover1029
I broke my string again.
375 IQ
one time i was at my friends house (i play guitar, he drums) and while playing a song:

1. My guitar strap fell off.
2. He dropped a drumstick
3. He dropped another drum stick
4. My string broke
5. His hi hat fell over
6. I tripped over my cord
7. My amp fell over
8. He dropped a third drumstick
9. We called it quits

Weve decided not to play that song again.
tilleking
1,199 IQ
Quote by BeatleLover1029
one time i was at my friends house (i play guitar, he drums) and while playing a song:

1. My guitar strap fell off.
2. He dropped a drumstick
3. He dropped another drum stick
4. My string broke
5. His hi hat fell over
6. I tripped over my cord
7. My amp fell over
8. He dropped a third drumstick
9. We called it quits

Weve decided not to play that song again.

lol. sounds like a blast.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

anoceanapart
145 IQ
We stopped practicing and watched This is Spinal Tap.
Your Majesty | All Lyrics/Melody/Piano/Guitar parts written by me. Please have a listen.
JeffReigns
Damn censors.
160 IQ
Geez do I have some stories for you...

A couple of band practices ago, we we're all playing with a 20Qs ball... well, that ended up getting way out of hand... at one point we were trying to make it guess 'breast', so we went through... question 25 rolls around, so for luck I put it between this chicks boobs... lo-and-behold, after giving it so many answers pointing to breasts, it says to us "You are thinking of... DIK DIK!"... a riot ensued.

A couple practices before that, our singer had a couple of his friends over... well, we all decide to get naked(including our singers wife) while our singers friend and some chick are in his bed ****ing... so we end up getting a camera and going in there and filming some of it. All of us standing in there, stark naked, filming. Our singer even took the camera and got some close-ups of the action... until the guy kicked the camera and made us leave.
Avalanchi
612 IQ
Half these aren't even practices... they are just you hanging with your friends.
no1flyhalf
POW right in the kisser..
459 IQ
i was in a band...once. it was basically me on guitar, my friend on bass, and my other friend on guitar (whats missing...). we had one practice, and that turned out to be just a long discussion about what our name should be. it wasnt so funny at the time, but then again, hindsight's 20/20, so we get a pretty good laugh everytime we think of that day.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
greendayguitar
UG's Proud Leafs Fan
1,212 IQ
we play in a small garage, and right in the middle of a song, our drummers loves to fart. It's so hard to concentrate on what you're playing when that's lingering in the air.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
NathanWolff
Yeah...
543 IQ
One time at band practice, our bass player was late. So while waiting for him before hand we decided we were going to play a trick on him and tell him because he was late we were kicking him out of the band. He finally showed up and with my straightest face ever and concerned eyes, I told him he was out of the band for being late. He was all like "what?" yeah, he didn't buy it though. It was pretty funny.
gallagher2006
UG Addict
5,852 IQ
Wasn't at band practise, but at a jam after school with about 10 people this dude brought in two of his own guitars from home, so one of my mates took his guitar cos he broke a string. Fair enough he said. Then another guys guitar wouldn't work so he took the kids second guitar.

Then the kid went ALL the way home and got his old squier strat, and brought it in.

The 1st guitarists lead wouldn't work so he took the poor kids lead before he got back. Then he had to go home and get another lead, and by the time he came back wehad had enough and went up town, leaving this poor guy to take 3 guitar 2 leads and a bass guitar home

Was SOOOO funny like