I just built an explorer over the summer and it turned out great all except for one problem, the wiring. I wired the humbuckers exactly how it said on the seymour duncan website, it has 2 tone 1 volume and a 3 way switch. Here is the wiring diagram i used . The pickups i put in it are a JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck. My probelm is that whenever i turn the volume up higher or turn the gain up real high, i get terrible feedback coming from the amp. I originally thought it was a ground problem so that may be a factor. Also in the wiring diagram it says to ground everything to the bridge but i was unable to get a wire to the bridge on this guitar becuase of its design and because i didnt follow gibson's disign exactly. So instead i grounded to the stop tail piece, so i dont know if that may be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
everything is grounded, the pots/pickups/switch is all ground together and i took a wire from on of the pots and grounded it to the stop tail piece. And i know its not the pedals cuz i tried without any a few times, and i just got a brand new amp and its still gives feedback, also it gives feedback on other amps also.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
did you shield it at all?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!