alright i am currently in a band and my amp is the vox 15 watt valv. (tube) and i need something bigger but dont have to money to buy a total new amp but if i were to buy a cabinet would it be possible to hook it up to a cabinet to make it a stack or would i need to buy a whole new thing? please help and if not possible please try to explain LATER lua4
Don't do that, just save up and get a louder amp.

Adding a cab on wouldn't really increase the volume, and would cost you quite a bit.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
how wouldent it increase the volume? its a new amp i got for x-mas so i dont want to go out and buy a new one when its fine and wouldent it just work as a bigger head?
Why would it? It wouldn't give the amp extra power or anything.

Well the sound would spread better+sound a bit fuller, and maybe the tone would be improved a bit if there's good speakers in the cab.
Don't be afraid to care"

but do you think trying to go over drums with a 15W tube damage the speaker?
If you buy a cabinet with more sensitive speakers it would be louder but it's probably better just to buy a new amp
Quote by lua4
but do you think trying to go over drums with a 15W tube damage the speaker?

It's not tube. It's a hybrid.

And no, it's got volume going up to 10 for a reason.
Don't be afraid to care"

thanks guys what exactly is hybrid? cause i dont no much about amps so sorry about all the questions
It's alright, you're learning.

A hybrid is an amp that had a valve or 2 in it, but doesn't completely run on the valves.
Don't be afraid to care"

but i happened to look in the back and i saw the tube or i belive its the tube but would that be the part of the amp that dosent run on the valve oh and your saying that i can play my amp at full everything and nothing will happen?!?
Which Vox do you have? The AD15VT or the AC15CC?

If it's the first one, you have a nice little amp, but it would be pretty pointless to add an extension cab. That's the hybrid. The AC15 is an all tube amp that might be worthwhile to add a cab to.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by lua4
but i happened to look in the back and i saw the tube or i belive its the tube but would that be the part of the amp that dosent run on the valve oh and your saying that i can play my amp at full everything and nothing will happen?!?

Huh? What I was trying to say is, the amp isn't completely running off valves, like valve amps do, it's ran on a mixture of transistors and that one valve.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by slatsmania
Which Vox do you have? The AD15VT or the AC15CC?

If it's the first one, you have a nice little amp, but it would be pretty pointless to add an extension cab. That's the hybrid. The AC15 is an all tube amp that might be worthwhile to add a cab to.
Quote by lua4
vox 15 watt valv.
As far as I know, he was shortening valvetronix there.

@threadstarter:
Yes, amps wouldn't have the controls to go to 10 if they could not handle it! Unfortunately I can't get my amp to 10 without going deaf-ish.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
its the AD but i dont want to go out and buy a whole new thing but i want to be able to play loud enough to hear myself over drums so i need to know how thats possible to do on my amp (to add something or just turn it up) but if i turn it up all the way a fear the speakers ganna blow
They won't explode. Crank it. I'm afraid you shouldn't have gotten a 15w amp to play over a drummer. Sorry, mate.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
yes i was shortening valitronix but i dont belive i have the spelling right on it
Quote by lua4
its the AD but i dont want to go out and buy a whole new thing but i want to be able to play loud enough to hear myself over drums so i need to know how thats possible to do on my amp (to add something or just turn it up) but if i turn it up all the way a fear the speakers ganna blow

I'm afraid you're out of luck. You have a terrific bedroom amp, but it's not a jamming amp. You can set the thing on a table close to ear level and crank the volume full. The speaker's designed to handle the amps full output. That's as good as you're going to do.

Enjoy it for now, but don't spend money trying to suppliment it. Save up for a bigger amp down the road. Maybe consider trading that one in when the time comes.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.