im new when it comes to pedals ive been playing for about 8 months now and looking to buy one. i play metal. metallica to avenged sevenfold to ac/dc to maiden. im trying to find out what distortion pedal would be good thats not breaking the bank. maybe a 50-60 dollar pedal. please let me know whats good and whats not.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
Quote by MoBscene
for $80 a boss metal zone, can go wrong with it

more like you can't go right with it. Don't buy a metal zone, it might sound awesome to you now but you'll be kicking your self for wasting 80 dollars. I'd suggest a Metal Muff thought it's a little out of your price rang but the small and nano versions are.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Quote by Stacked Actors
more like you can't go right with it. Don't buy a metal zone, it might sound awesome to you now but you'll be kicking your self for wasting 80 dollars. I'd suggest a Metal Muff thought it's a little out of your price rang but the small and nano versions are.

I'll be kicking myself because I got sounds I enjoyed out of it for many moons? I think not. I still have mine, and I have found the sound to be more sterile as I've used other amps, but it gave me great sounds as I needed them.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
I really like DigiTech Death Metal and the Grunge isn't bad either.....Right in your price range but I haven't got to try any others...
Digitech Distortion Factory maybe?

7 different presets of distortion.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Check out the Boss DS-1 - its $40 brand new. For that price you can't go wrong. Satriani, SRV, Cobain and alot more used this. Theres also plenty of DIY cheap mods, but out of the box it sounds good. The Boss DS-2 is more expensive but has twin modes for more versatility. I guess the first is like a DS-1 sound, and the turbo has a more scooped mids sound which would be better for metal. Could find a used one on Ebay in your price range.
I personally own both a DS-1 and a Metal Muff. A DS-1 works fine for any ROCK RHYTHM sound. Using it for lead sounds is tricky and requires a bit of fiddling to find an EXACT tone that works and using it everytime. This pedal works best for ANY classic rock, punk, or hair metalish sounds. The Metal Muff is the go-to pedal for anything metal. It works very nicely for both leads and rhythm. I can easily get any heavy guitar sound out of it. With that in mind though it almost only sounds good for metal or very hard rock sounds. So if you plan on playing esclusively metal than cough up the $100 for the Metal Muff, but if you want a versatile pedal than the DS-1 is the way to go.