Well...I started to play guitar about half a year ago, and I decided I might as well play it before I started to learn Music Theory and stuff. So I did. I learnt a few songs on it, and was happy at that.

Now I think it's time that I started the Music Theory and stuff, but I have no idea where to start, or where to go, or what to do.

help me plz?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
Well what do you already know? Just a bunch of chords, or have you been practiceing scales and stuff?
My rig:

Guitars:
Ibanez Jetking 2 (electric)
Hohner HW300-G TBK (acoustic)

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65
Crate CP-150 and building my own cabinet in the summer

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
All I know is the G Chord and how to read tab.

I such

Edit: Well...I know that power chords are the 5ths of normal chords, but I couldn't name a power chords if you gave me it formation
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
then learn the other chords such as A, D and E and learn the shape of a basic powerchord, if u cant find any articles about them then ask me on this post and ill explain but almost green day song for example use just powerchords, smells like teen spirit is mostly power chords, they provide the basis for a lot of modern rock
Try the MT Sticky a bit maybe.

There is another lesson somewhere on the sute called "Music Theory: The Beginning".
Start with open chords and barre chords. And major, minor and pentatonic scales.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
With music theory the first thing you wanna do is learn to read notation. Also once you have some idea of that you might want to start figuring where the notes are on your guitar fretboard. Better start early than late.
Quote by OldSong
With music theory the first thing you wanna do is learn to read notation. Also once you have some idea of that you might want to start figuring where the notes are on your guitar fretboard. Better start early than late.

Not necessarily, though I highly advocate learning notation at some point.

Threadstarter, the ambition is very cool. I'd suggest learning some more chords first, so you actually have something to relate the theory you learn to. Learn the rest of the open chords, and some barre chords as well.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.