okay, this is like the loudest most expensive Crate solid state amp head i've found. has anybody played it before and if so, how is it. i know the Blue Voodoo Series is amazing, i played the 150 watt half stack yeasterday but it might be a bit too pricey for me. so would this amp do?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-GT3500H-350W-Guitar-Head?sku=487793
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
pointless imo.. you could get a nice tube combo for the price of that and a cab!
+1^
In that price range there are actually alot of tube combos you could get that would sound a milllion times better than that. I'm guessing you're into metal, look at the peav valve king, 112 combo, or the ashdown fallen angel series (all tube w/effects). That amopunt of volume sems a little bit pointless unless youre looking to sell out knebworth. Those amps ive just mentioned wil be much better and alot more suitabe. Unless of course you prefer the solid state tone that alot of metalers do nowadays............ hmmmm
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

yeah, i'm probably gonna get the peavey valveking. i was just curious about this one.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
There's a band I used to be in very good contact with (I know their singer pretty well), Azariah's Prayer, and their guitarist has a halfstack one of those, and it sounds AWESOME for metal.

Personally, ignore everyone reccomending tube combos.

What I'd do, is rig up that head and a tube head of the similar price range to the same cab and try them out. Who knows, you might like the Crate more.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I've actually tried that out...and the cab cant handle the head's power, turn it up past 4 and it starts to **** up, so I say get the head and get a different cab.
Quote by Eric 666
I've actually tried that out...and the cab cant handle the head's power, turn it up past 4 and it starts to **** up, so I say get the head and get a different cab.

What I was suggesting was something like, hooking a 5150 and the 3500 up to a Behringer cab (the 400W one) and playing them. Even the cab isn't the best, at least he'll get to hear both heads toe to toe.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Hey. I Own this head. I run a BBE Sonic Max and super C hush through the effects loop. I use 2 crate 4x12 BV for cabs. I love it. It is very loud! Its main point of interest in the solo distoriton channel. I find it to be absolutly huge and Massive. Absolute Saturation! While its not a tube or rectified sound, it offers something close to that for about $600. If you buy a valve king 1X12, you'll get tired of it. Its just half ass. Only the high end peavys are worth your money. Your going to eventually want the stack anyway, trust me. Cleans in it arent amazing, but they get the job done. Its a good choice.