Poll: Should I switch the necks?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I switch the necks?
Yes
1 33%
No
2 67%
Voters: 3.
should i switch the '51 and strat necks? im thinking of doing that, but im not sure if its the right thing to do.

what are the risks? what could happen?
I believe the rounded Strat neck heel would fit fine in the Tele's squarish neck pocket; however, the Tele's squarish neck heel would not work so well in the Strat's rounded neck pocket without some modification or sanding.

I've fit a Strat neck on my Tele for grins and it worked, but not the other way around.
Quote by Ippon
I believe the rounded Strat neck heel would fit fine in the Tele's squarish neck pocket; however, the Tele's squarish neck heel would not work so well in the Strat's rounded neck pocket without some modification or sanding.

I've fit a Strat neck on my Tele for grins and it worked, but not the other way around.

oh ok. see, i want a maple fretboard for my strat. is there a way i can get a licensed fender strat neck?
Quote by Ippon
I've upgraded some Strats with necks from Musikraft. I've also used some of their bodies ... overall very good quality and slightly cheaper than Warmoth and definitely nicer than the 1 Mighty Mite neck I've used.

oooh. is it possible to get a reversed headstock?
Have you even looked at the heel of the 51? If you haven't do so. Take off all the strings slowly, DON'T CUT THEM, then unbolt the neck with a handheld screwdriver. Then do that to the Strat. See if the necks will fit.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club