hi guys..just saw this kick-ass looking Les Paul...but i can't understand what model it is...!! It's got an awesome vintage sunburst but....what? classic...? standard...? help!
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
looks like a standard, classics usually have no pickup covers, could be wrong though
Isn't that just a Standard?
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
the inlays look like those aged greenish inlays on the classics.. but i think it might just be the light, and its hard to tell from that far away

my guess is standard
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
ya my guess is also a standard, the classics have those nasty ass green inlays and usually come with those uncoverd ceramic gibson humbuckers
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
yeah id say standard. you could always translate the text
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
ah well doesnt tell you anything. looks standard though, i like the colour
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
actually its a classic, sorry for 3 posts but the inlays look greenish and im sure those tuning pegs are on classics they looks like plastic and green and different shape to standard ones. im sure its a classic
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Im guessing classic.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Classics don't have pickup covers and have 'Classic' on the truss rod cover, and Standards don't come in that paint scheme. I'm guessing it's a custom paint job model- he said he paid 2600 Euro for it, and the Certificate of authenticity seems to indicate that it has something different about it.
so what do you guys think....should i but it? I have the money for it....just got a raise!;-)
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
Why buy it if you haven't played it and don't know what it is? Go to a shop and play some, and choose one you like.
There's no pickguard. The maple top is decently flamed. So yeah, its definately a standard. I can't see any screw holes from where the pickguard would have been fastened, so its definately not a classic. Also, i've never seen a classic with a flamed maple top. And it certainly can't be custom shop since there's no gibson CS les paul with a flamed maple top for less than 4000 dollars.

As a sidenote, it looks like it was made in the year of 2000, although its hard to tell from the serial number in the pics.

Also, i'd advice you to be careful, as the seller has only got 4 deals on ebay under his belt, even if his feedback is good so far.

Quote by Roc8995
Classics don't have pickup covers and have 'Classic' on the truss rod cover, and Standards don't come in that paint scheme. I'm guessing it's a custom paint job model- he said he paid 2600 Euro for it, and the Certificate of authenticity seems to indicate that it has something different about it.

Its a common finish for les paul standards. Its looks like a honeyburst. As i said, there's no gibson customs for less than 4 grand (In america, it would be much, much more somewhere like italy) if you want a figured top. And i don't think i've ever seen a gibson custom shop with such a poorly figured top. So definately not a custom.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
Last edited by Guitar-freak at Feb 5, 2007,
I don't know. Something about that guitar looks wrong, and I can't put my finger on it... And I personally wouldn't trust buying such a big ticket item on ebay from a seller that has only 4 feedback, all for sales of low-priced items to other low-feedback locals.

But regardless, I wouldn't touch a Gibson Les Paul unless I had a chance to play it first.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
yea bro you're absolutely right...oh well! thnx
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
dont some of the older standards have a blank truss rod cover?
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
i thought the headstock said ibanez at first...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join