this bass amp (EB12-180) http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=102
is it a good amp, I'm going to try it out next weekend but I'm not going to drive far if the comments are bad
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by noxios at Feb 4, 2007,
I use an Electric Blue at my band practices and it's a really nice amp
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
its just an amp for practice and small gigs until I can afford a half stack
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by noxios
this bass amp (EB12-180) http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=102
is it a good amp, I'm going to try it out next weekend but I'm not going to drive far if the comments are bad
First thing is a 12" speaker, whether for practice or gigging I will never recomend anything less than a 15" unless it is a combo that you can add a second cab then a 2x10" combo would be OK.
Secondly Ashdown today is not to be confused with original Ashdown when production was all UK.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
First thing is a 12" speaker, whether for practice or gigging I will never recomend anything less than a 15" unless it is a combo that you can add a second cab then a 2x10" combo would be OK.
Secondly Ashdown today is not to be confused with original Ashdown when production was all UK.

yeah but damn the ABM Series kicks total ass
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by Ampeg SVT
yeah but damn the ABM Series kicks total ass
Yes I know; I've been using Ashdown since thy first came out, I was using my 100% UK made Ashdown preamp last night at a gig.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I have never been impressed with the Electric Blue stuff I've tried.

Best use you're money to go second hand. There is some really nice Ashdown stuff out there if you hunt it out.
I have i Ashdown MAG- 300 It is made in China. It is well made and i havent got any problems with it.
Quote by bassFTW
I have i Ashdown MAG- 300 It is made in China. It is well made and i havent got any problems with it.
Not yet! and how do you know that it's well made?
I've had a UK made John Entwistle Ashdown preamp for several years now without any problem; now that's well made.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Theres nothing wrong with the new stuff anyway. if you care that it's made in china and designed in the UK, then buy a boutique amp.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Theres nothing wrong with the new stuff anyway. if you care that it's made in china and designed in the UK, then buy a boutique amp.
Behringer is made in china, possibly the same massive factory that Ashdown is made in.
I object to paying UK prices for cheaply produced far eastern gear, at least Behringer is cheap to buy.
Certain highly respected UK companys have their gear 95% built abroad up to chassis stage, it is then finished here so that they can claim UK made and charge UK prices.
There's a guy in North Africa assembling a very well known companys £1100 Bass amps, the basic wage there is £25 UK a week $47 USD, if he only assembles 5 per week that means £5 per amp; makes you think.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by IndieMetalhead

You've missed the point Indie - the UK made stuff had better specs. The old MAG combos were 400W rated, the new ones are 300W. The old ones had better cooling than the new ones which basically have a single PC fan in the back of the case. I much prefer to have new stuff than used, but I tried loads of Ashdowns before getting mine and the old ones are louder, less noisy and basically better.

I'm pretty sure the older speakers are more efficient too, but I haven't mic'ed the old Ashdown 10s with the new ones seperate yet to properly test that.
^my ashdown has 'made in china' clearly written on the back though... it never claimed to be british made, although the fact that ashdown is a british company. like ibanez's cheap guitars, they're made in a Cort factory in korea, not japan

SMB: just because it has one less fan and is quieter doesn't make it any less of an amp although if they're charging the same prices it is a bit of a con. Hiwatt are worse with their Maxwatt solid state range, they're clearly marketed as hiwatts, when hiwatts are all tube handmade and british.

Quote by metaldud536

Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Feb 5, 2007,
I just bought a second hand electric blue 15-180 last night, pristine condition, and just old enough to be one of the better models. fingers crossed
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
buy it.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
I just bought a second hand electric blue 15-180 last night, pristine condition, and just old enough to be one of the better models. fingers crossed
I'd be interest to know how much you paid.
In the UK the 12" Ashdown Blue £235 = $446 USD.
In the US the 12" Ashdown Blue $299 = £157 UK.
In the UK the 15" Ashdown Blue £269 = $511 USD.
In the US the 15" Ashdown Blue $349 = £183 UK.
How come we pay more for a so called British product than the US customers?
As I've stated before we're ripped off here.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
^actually, thats a bloody good point. even without VAT we'd be paying a feckload more...

Quote by metaldud536

I have a ashdown EB 12" and i hate it. I spent £200 bloddy ponds on it, and it sounds like a fart when its above half volume. I think there must be something wrong with it or something, because everyone else say Ashdown are amazing. Help anyone?

Maybe you could suggest a tone setting for me aor something, please.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
My MAG300-210T is designed in UK and made in P.R.C. But I don't really care.
I don't really see the problem of it being assambled in china, does it make a difference in the final product?

If you would buy a Versace suit, you will have to pay a huge amount for it. Sure it is great quality, but did Mr Versace made it or did an employee of his did? It doesn't really mather, as long as the product is up to Versaces standerds.
If Ashdown tests the amps (wich I'm sure they do) and it is up to their standards then wy should there be a problem?

ps. I live in the Netherlands so I am being ripped off as well. Reason, I think, bigger market in the US (Big country, easy shipping, one currency, one law and so on)
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
Quote by henkschins
My MAG300-210T is designed in UK and made in P.R.C. But I don't really care.
I don't really see the problem of it being assambled in china, does it make a difference in the final product?
Big difference because they're using cheap far eastern parts which are terrible, I had to have the pots replaced on my G&L L2500 Tribute due to the junk electrics fitted in the far east.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Big difference because they're using cheap far eastern parts which are terrible, I had to have the pots replaced on my G&L L2500 Tribute due to the junk electrics fitted in the far east.

So you are comparing an Ashdown Amp with a G&L Bass?
I'm not saying everything from China is good, they make crap too, but I am sure that there are other companies based in the west that do the same thing.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
Quote by henkschins
If you would buy a Versace suit, you will have to pay a huge amount for it. Sure it is great quality, but did Mr Versace made it or did an employee of his did? It doesn't really mather, as long as the product is up to Versaces standerds. If Ashdown tests the amps (wich I'm sure they do) and it is up to their standards then wy should there be a problem?)
The problem arises when the suit although designed by Versace is then made up from inferior materials as happens with most of these out-scourced products which in most cases are only batch sampled.
I don't think I said anywhere that I compared a G&L Tribute Bass to an Ashdown amp, I was pointing out that even great companys have encountered the same problems as smaller companys when choosing to go shopping to the far east be it China Korea or India. Products can, and often do work very well for a few months until cheap components start to fail which is what happens to Behringer and certain well known and respected UK brands.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
While I agree that china can send out some very shoddy products, this doesn't seem to be the case with ashdown. My ashdown has had some pretty rough treatment from me, even got set on fire once (don't ask :P) and has survived fine, and still works perfectly almost a year later.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2