i am pretty stupid, i go to my local guitar center and try out some schecter basses, but i leave without getting the serial number of one that i really like. i cant find a pic of it anywhere. 4 strings, its active with EMG Hz's in it, mat grey hardware, and the most peculiar thing about it is its inlays. it has (i think) pearl inlays, but theyre shaped as a woman(a silhouette), on each different inlay she's in a different position. it was also for $499...help (i think its a stiletto)
Quote by Ledhead82048
i am pretty stupid, i go to my local guitar center and try out some schecter basses, but i leave without getting the serial number of one that i really like. i cant find a pic of it anywhere. 4 strings, its active with EMG Hz's in it, mat grey hardware, and the most peculiar thing about it is its inlays. it has (i think) pearl inlays, but theyre shaped as a woman(a silhouette), on each different inlay she's in a different position. it was also for $499...help (i think its a stiletto)

i thought " EMG hz's" were passive ....
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
yeah ive seen it on ebay before, if i remeber it is a stilleto in black with the woman inlays
oh the HZ's are passive but it has a active preamp
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by Ampeg SVT
yeah ive seen it on ebay before, if i remeber it is a stilleto in black with the woman inlays
oh the HZ's are passive but it has a active preamp

all right chill out....
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
yeah i think thats right, here is the guitar which is the C1: http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-C1-XXX-MINT-CONDITION-HARD-TO-FIND-NR_W0QQitemZ330082053179QQihZ014QQcategoryZ121166QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330082053179

the bass i assume is the B-1 XXX let me find it on harmony central or something...
oh nevermind its based off the omen series basses and its called the C-4 XXX
here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Diamond-Series-C-4XXX-Electric-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ190076433484QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190076433484
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Last edited by Ampeg SVT at Feb 4, 2007,
thanks for all the help guys, i appreciate it

LEDHEADIT: the guy at GC told me this bass would be great for what i play (funk, classic rock, RHCP stuff) what do you think?
Last edited by Ledhead82048 at Feb 4, 2007,
As long as you like the way it sounds and plays, almost any bass can be used for any type of music.
Personally I'd steer more towards the Stiletto line rather than the C series. They're generally a bit more solid, thinner neck and nicer action. A bit better quality all around. If you've really got your heart set on the C though, go for it. You can do damn near anything with a Schecter, a two-band EQ and some EMGs will take you far. Add to that the Schecter look quality and feel, and you have your self a damn fine bass.

Quote by Ampeg SVT
oh nevermind its based off the omen series basses and its called the C-4 XXX
here

Actually its based off the C series (C1, C4, C5, C7, etc.) hence the name

Its just a C-4 with the stripper inlays, making it a C4 XXX, just like the other XXX guitars that Schecter makes.

Oh, and of course:

Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
thanks fett i heard the bridge wasn't that good on it, your thoughts?

LEDHEADIT: how is the stiletto custom-4?
Last edited by Ledhead82048 at Feb 4, 2007,
Stiletto custom series is very good
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by Ledhead82048
thanks fett i heard the bridge wasn't that good on it, your thoughts?

LEDHEADIT: how is the stiletto custom-4?

Well, the bridge isn't an S-tek, so in that case, I'd get the regular C4 over the XXX. The C4 has the S-tek bridge on it, and I absolutely love it. I'm not so fond of the Diamond Custom, its good but its just not the same.

As for the Custom-4, well, in general the Stiletto line is the best of Schecter, and the Custom ranks somewhere in the middle of that series. Its got the upgraded electrinics and bridge (compared to the Deluxe Stilettos) but its still got the bolt-on neck, which I don't much care for. If you can afford a little bit extra, go all the way for the Elite. That's pretty much the best bass that Schecter makes. It has the EMGs, 2-band EQ, and S-tek like the Custom, but its also neck-through which does wonders for sustain, looks (to a small extent), and even palyability of the higher frets (its cures in making it easier to get that last few frets). If you can't afford it though, the Custom is still worth the money, I just don't care for the bolt-on or the color choices. I like my black cherry
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
I have one of these. Its the C4xxx like the guy before just said. I got mine in Rochester at the Guitar Center. I like this bass for the money $500 it plays great and has good tone even though I am not a big fan of EMG pups. ( They remind me of cheap Ibanez basses ) The action on mine is mighty low and to be honest its been the standard tuning guitar of choice at my gigs since I bought right before Xmas.

Oh yeah and chicks dig the inlays!