Well, right now I have an Epiphone Les Paul Classic QT and I like it. But when I bought it, I got it because it was more suited towards rock and blues, which was what I was playing at the time. Now, however, I've phased out of rock and now I'm playing more funk/hip-hop, ska, reggae, blues and jazz. I was looking into selling my Les Paul and getting one of these:
Tribute/G&L ASAT Special Plus: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tribute-by-GL-ASAT-Special-Plus?sku=511114
or
Tribute/G&L S-500 Premium: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tribute-by-GL-S500-Premium?sku=511117

Please do not recommend a Fender to me, I hate the way the new ones play, just such crap, and I can't be assed to shell out the $$ for a 90's Jap Fender.
I'd say look more heavily into the strat style, alot of ska, blues, and funk players play them, but the tele definitley wouldn't be a bad choice either. Besides, classic trems are alot of fun to play around with.

EDIT: If it's about selling the LP, I'd say go for it if it doesn't fit your style as well as you'd like it to.
Dickless.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Get the ASAT.

G&L's kill Fenders any day.

I know, this isn't a thread about that. I'm wonder whether or not to sell my Les Paul...
Quote by MastaBassist10
I know, this isn't a thread about that. I'm wonder whether or not to sell my Les Paul...

My bad.

If I were you, I wouldn't sell it.

Who says a Les Paul can't be used for funk, etc?
Quote by Pacifica112J
My bad.

If I were you, I wouldn't sell it.

Who says a Les Paul can't be used for funk, etc?

I dunno, I'm just kinda not getting the sounds I like out of it anymore... I never record with it, I always use my dad's Strats, so its not really any good to me if I'm always pining for a tone other than what I've got.
Quote by MastaBassist10
I dunno, I'm just kinda not getting the sounds I like out of it anymore... I never record with it, I always use my dad's Strats, so its not really any good to me if I'm always pining for a tone other than what I've got.

I see.

If you don't like the way it sounds, there's really no reason to keep it.

Sell 'er, then.
Quote by Pacifica112J
I see.

If you don't like the way it sounds, there's really no reason to keep it.

Sell 'er, then.

Alright.. maybe I'll think about... I kinda like my Lezzie, but she's not doing anything for me now so.. maybe I'll just save up for the ASAT.