I was looking on Musiciansfriend for some new pickups. I found some Rockfield ones that I liked. My question is what is the difference between the "Chrome Bridge" and the "Chrome Neck". I know its kind of a stupid question I just dont want to order the wrong thing. Thanks for the help.
Man...this guy doesn't even need to write a suicide note. He can just leave a link to this thread on his computer and everyone will understand.
It just means that the pickups are voiced differently for the different positions. If you are planning on replacing the bridge pickup, buy the bridge model, if you want to replace the neck model buy the neck model.
what is the type that the picture shows? Bridge or Neck?
Man...this guy doesn't even need to write a suicide note. He can just leave a link to this thread on his computer and everyone will understand.
Both? Pickups look the same no matter what position they are if they are matching pickups. So when you have the option of which voicing you want, they will still look exactly alike.
The bridge pickup is placed more toward your bridge, while the neck pickup is just under the neck.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1