Hey, I'm a guitar player who enjoys recording stuff. unfortutately, the only equipment I have is a headset mic and Audacity. Now my processor isn't good enough to run something like Toneport, but is there any like adaptors or something like that that lets me plug my guitar directly into my computer to use with audacity?
yeah the mic input on your soundcard. There are also 1/4" to USB adapters out there that have a signal processor built in, you can buy them at target. and BTW Reaper>Audacity.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yeah there is. It's like a 1/4" 1/8" adapter or sumthin.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
does anyone know any specific brands or anything so I can look them up? The people at guitarcenter weren't helpful.
Quote by blue_strat
stealthplug

I saw that, but my computer can't run the program that comes with it and there's no reason to pay $130 for a cable.

ok i'll check monster cable out, thanks
1/4th male / 1/8th female adapter thingie.

Go from your processor output to your soundcard/the place where you plug your computer mic into.
if your computer cant run that, then you arent going to be able to record at all without serious latency issues.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
There are loads of cheap jack to mic adaptors! It's just a piece you attach to the end of your jack, I use it, nothing complicated or fancy!