okie i hav an orange skak10ba (i think)
and an epiphone thunderbird. ive bin twiddling around with the knobs and tryin to get a kik ass sound. but no luck. any one know any good combos that gives me an awesome rocking sound im looking for... cheers
elliott.

yo dudes not really looking for a new bass or amp... just wanna know some kewl settings
Last edited by elliottness at Feb 4, 2007,
try out some ampeg solid state amps, they sound amazing! and even try some different basses, active basses will give you the most rockin sound eeevvvvveeerrrr
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
umm tryin to sound like nirvana, punk, sora thing, nice and clear. but waatevergoes well with the bass really.

u can really tell wat music i play by the bass i have, thunderbird says it all realy.
correct me on my spelling and ill kill yew!!!

remember: to be old and wise first yew must be young and stupid!!
^ I play jazz and own a Thunderbird...

You're not going to get a decent sound out of a small practice amp like that. The speaker just isn't large enough, and TBs have a high output that tends to overwhelm small amps.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Try cranking the bass and treble while cutting the mids. Mids tend to honk-ify everything, and many people automatically assume you cut treble on bass.

Give it a shot! If it still sounds bad, maybe it is indeed time to upgrade.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Try cranking the bass and treble while cutting the mids. Mids tend to honk-ify everything, and many people automatically assume you cut treble on bass.

Give it a shot! If it still sounds bad, maybe it is indeed time to upgrade.

they can honky if you use super hi-mids, use your lowmids by getting a amp with a Graphic EQ. they assume you have cut treble because they cant get a distinct sound from the amp becuase its a dead tone
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.