Hey, I want to buy new pickups for my Ibanez RG 5ex1. It's got 2 humbuckers and a single coil. What do you think i should buy. I like to play anything metal, mostly Slayer. Spend up to $250 but i could probalby make an exception. What do you think? Help me out!
Slayer ==> Kerry King uses Active EMG 81/85 pick-ups.

But if i were you, id go for a Dimebucker (Seymour Duncan) in combo with a passive EMG H4.

My dream set-up =]
Go with the the EMG 81/85 set. A middle single coil alone is hard to find a pickup for, so you might as well just leave it stock.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Quote by Buckethead4Prez
Go with the the EMG 81/85 set. A middle single coil alone is hard to find a pickup for, so you might as well just leave it stock.

yes but concerning that. The stock pick-up is passive, and the EMG's are active ... So, i don't really know what kind of effect that will give. I even think the single coil won't have any purpose at all.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
Slayer ==> Kerry King uses Active EMG 81/85 pick-ups.

But if i were you, id go for a Dimebucker (Seymour Duncan) in combo with a passive EMG H4.

My dream set-up =]

I'm all for aiming low, but that's just ridiculous.

What kind of amp do you have?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
I'm all for aiming low, but that's just ridiculous.

What kind of amp do you have?

.Why is it rediculous ?
hey thanks for all the help, i was figuring the KFK would be the best since i like to play their music, i just didn't know what to do with the single coil. and btw i have a 60 watt crate DXJ112
If you like the EMG's, throw an S or SAV in the middle. Mixing active and passive pickups doesn't work very well.
Last edited by ZootCst at Feb 4, 2007,
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
.Why is it rediculous ?

Because you can do better than that. Even in that price range.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?