http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/G2-by-Stagg-BC300FLSB-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-Sunburst-NEW_W0QQitemZ290079731727QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ive been considering this bass for ages, im thinking of getting it next week, but wondered what you guys thought? i dont know much about the specifications of it...

btw, if this thread is breaking the forum rules, fair enough, cancel it.
i need to get a better signature.
doesn't seem to be a bad bass. it would be nice if you could try it first.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory
well the price is extremely decent for a bass, and im not really aiming to get 'the best one out there', on my student budget, but it seems quite nice to me. and yeah, id like to hear it first.
Made of decent enough material, low end basses are nearly always better than low end guitars, always try before you buy it though.
but how am i supposed to try it if its over ebay??
pretty good. get it. if u dont like it. u can always sell it again!! thats wat ebays for!!! hehe. good luk dude.
correct me on my spelling and ill kill yew!!!

remember: to be old and wise first yew must be young and stupid!!
Im a strong believer of you get what you spend, first of all the bass is a fretless. Is there any warranty against defects? I would save for another couple months and just buy an intro peavy or fender bass, You will know if somthing is wrong someone can fix it.

Bass player for 5 years
Joey Burtoni
Quote by MATTTHEMOP
but how am i supposed to try it if its over ebay??

I would never buy a guitar straight off ebay, its asking for trouble, go to a shop that has one in stock and at least try it out and as the man said you do get what you pay for.
Stagg arent bad basses but they arent great either. My friend has had a few problems with his
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Stagg arent bad basses but they arent great either. My friend has had a few problems with his

I've heard the same, my mate got the Heavy Metal bass for his first and he isnt happy with it nevertheless he#s never slated it and if it is fine, then its adequate and its not going to fall to pieces.
signature
Quote by KillerFetish
Im a strong believer of you get what you spend, first of all the bass is a fretless. Is there any warranty against defects? I would save for another couple months and just buy an intro peavy or fender bass, You will know if somthing is wrong someone can fix it.

Bass player for 5 years
Joey Burtoni

fair enough, but i gathered i could trust it since the seller has had 99.9% positive feeback, and has sold a lot of things, its technically a shop. so i trusted it from that.
if its anything like its fretted counterpart then i really don't recomend it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Stagg is just a lower priced company. They make many knock-off types (i.e. Stringray), and have their own originals, too (like that one). I also saw a really cool jazzmaster style body with 2 humbuckers. The basses seem well built and they played well enough, but I have only played them in crowded music stores.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i played one and had a screw fall out of the bridge, they are garbage and sound like turds
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Stagg would be a good choice to begin with before upgrading to something better.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
FRETLESS ***RISING BONER***

heh
im partial to fretlesses so it looks like a good buy to me
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
emm... if you already have a entry level bass guitar, I would recommend saving up for an intermediate level bass fretless. Worth it in the end.
i asked a guitar shop what they thought of stagg instruments, said they were terrible. so no buy!

the other bass on the list thats in my price range but isnt a stagg is this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRETLESS-Bass-JAZZ-J-style-Made-in-Korea-by-Wolf_W0QQitemZ270086738412QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what do you guys think of it? i dont know if ill be able to 'play it first', since nowhere near me seems to sell fretless basses.

i think it looks like an awesome buy, but you lot seem to be more in the know than me.

thanks.
Last edited by MATTTHEMOP at Feb 5, 2007,
i asked a guitar shop what they thought of stagg instruments, said they were terrible. so no buy!

the other bass on the list thats in my price range but isnt a stagg is this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRETLESS-Bass...1QQcmdZViewItem

what do you guys think of it? i dont know if ill be able to 'play it first', since nowhere near me seems to sell fretless basses.

i think it looks like an awesome buy, but you lot seem to be more in the know than me.

thanks.

The body looks pretty solid for a Jazz knockoff but the fretboard looks a little sketchy to me. If you're going to go fretless it's a good idea to spring for a true ebony fretboard. I'm not sure how well the rosewood will hold up and the biggest problem with most knockoffs is that in a lot of cases the electronics are unreliable or of very poor quality. It could be a great deal and a very solid bass or it could be a complete waste of money, buying an instrument that you have never played is always taking a pretty big chance.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
get into some SX basses at Rondomusic, a lot of people at Talkbass.com love them
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Ebonol fretboards, even though they don't sound all that great, pretty much never wear out. You can string an ebonol fretboard bass with roundwounds and not worry. That fretboard seems really fragile.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Ampeg SVT
get into some SX basses at Rondomusic, a lot of people at Talkbass.com love them

i do come from the u.k, btw.
Save up £70ish more and buy a Vintage V940FL. same pickup combo, but active and bubinga.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Geez....well you'll get a £100-£200 bass. If you are a real beginner it might be good.(I mean that's if you are still in the phase: let's see if I can get smg out of this piece of wood) If you're not, my suggestion is: save and wait. Moreover if you are into fretlesses, buying a korean bass with what it's probably a cardboard fretboard might not be a good bargain. Second suggestion: browse music shops. At least you can have a close view of the bass and I've heard nowadays you can find some real cheap (and good) bass which won't play like a turd either. Good luck
Last edited by MarcoSavona at Feb 6, 2007,
yeah, thanks everyone. im not a beginner bassist, but im an absolute beginner at fretless. my main problem is that i keep checking out music shops and none seem to have any fretless basses for me to try. i assumed that buying online would be alright, and at the end of the day im not very fussy when it comes to instruments - as long as it works alright, and i can use it for a long time, thats all i really would like. ill keep looking around for other guitar shops, but at the end of the day if i cant find any i wont feel too bothered with buying one without trying it first, im really not very fussy, and buying instruments often include a 'leap of faith' to some degree. ill probably go for the V940FL, ive found it much cheaper on another site.
Well. I must say that the V940FL looks much better than the previous two basses.
You're right , one must dare sometimes. And you might have a welcome surprise. Let us know how it sounds and..good luck
Anything you buy off eBay will most likely be shit, And the biggest fact for me, if you buy your bass at a shop, and you have a problem you take it back and they will fix it, good luck with that on eBay, driving a couple minuets to have your bass looked at or sending it back fed ex for a month, and then getting it back, and it still not working, thats if the ebay bass even has a warranty.

Dont buy off eBay,
Buy it through a dealer
Yep, I agree with that. Lately I've heard about the most amazing things happening on E-bay. The trombone man in my band tried to buy a trombone and send some bucks as booking payment then he didn't hear anymore from the guy.By a further inquiry on the E-bay protection center (which is very good as it should be, to protect customers) it turned out to be a fraud. He was lucky he just sent a few bucks.
But the problem, even if you're not dealing with a criminal, is that what you get may differ substantially from what you THINK you're buying. Scratches and bumps can't be seen on a 320 pixel image. I know of a guy who bought a cheap chinese bass ( he spent just around 80 euros, ok, he couldn't expect that much of a bass): he got it, perfect finish and laquering, but the neck was bent like a hockey stick. We tried to truss-rod it back straight but to no avail: the screw kept turning but the neck kept staying bent. Of course that pissed him off big time!I think that good dealers deserve to stay on the market. We would complain if the only option left was to buy stuff on the net. For me, I like to TOUCH what I buy so, apart from books or CDs, I buy my musician stuff from real people.
So far, I've never been disappointed. And even when you find out that the stuff you just bought was sold on the net at 50 bucks less, just smile. You got it NOW and FOR SURE. That's worth a slight difference, isn't it?
I just bought a cheap chinese 8-string off eBay for $140 and, other than cheap electronics, the bass is just fine. It plays as well as I've ever played a 35" scale 8-string. The thing is, when you spend 'toy' money on musical instruments, don't expect it to be super-amazing. You get what you pay for. And, the trombone guy, fake sellers are easy to spot. Your tromboner () probably saw a deal that was too good to be true and fell for it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
dudes i bought the vintage a couple of weeks ago off piedog. its an awesome instrument, no problems, and piedog sent it the day after i ordered. thanks for advice tho.