So I play my Schecter (not a bass), with an RP80 (processor), through a Fender BXR 25 bass Amp. It is an old amp and has a decent 25 watts. However, this amp is absolutely amazing: Best tone I've ever heard, super clear super crisp, I can get any tone on it easily, and for 25w it's a beast, but it's a bass amp? I've tried my same gear through many guitar amps that would dwarf my bass amp in terms of size, price, and well...everything you'd think but for some reason my little bass amp sounds waaaay better than anything else. Is this weird or normal, has anyone else ever heard of playing guitar through a bass amp, and why does it sound so damn incredible?
Attachments:
fender_small.jpg
The Only member of the "I hate people with huge sigs club." Don't PM me to join.
Well the Fender Bassman, unsurprisingly, was originally made for bass so it's not unheard of, and i have played guitar through bass amps and found they can have really nice clean tones as well.
The Stuff!
Quote by Rosencrantz
However, this amp is absolutely amazing: Best tone I've ever heard, super clear super crisp, I can get any tone on it easily, and for 25w it's a beast, why does it sound so damn incredible?

:/ you obviously havent tryed any £2000 tube amps like a mesa boogie or some cornfords or anything like tht?

Quote by Sora 01
:/ you obviously havent tryed any £2000 tube amps like a mesa boogie or some cornfords or anything like tht?

Dude, did you not read what I said? I've tried my gear on a $3000 amp that was taller than me and spent a long time playing with the many many controls and found that my amps tone was still better. (maybe it's just preference, I don't know)
The Only member of the "I hate people with huge sigs club." Don't PM me to join.
I lol'd...but I sort of felt sorry for it. o_o
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^dude, you kick ass and you even have the same pic i do on mah msn!

"mah spoon is toooooooo big!" "i am a banaaaaaaanah!"
^
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R