It means they can't make a law that sets one certain religion as the only religion you can be... I think.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
No laws will be made regarding religion in any way.

For example, a law can't be made to stop all Christiniasm.

EDIT: Or something like that.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Forgive me, but this "First Amendment" sounds like a lot of bureaucratic jibbery-joob.
Quote by Ascendancy1080
what does this mean?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,

that congress cannot make one set religion, nor can they make a law that says you have to pray (regardless of religion) in school, or take time to pray to a certain figure or idol.

there.

and mayday, there's more to the first amendment than that.
It means Separation of Church and State, regardless of what many fundamentalist wankers want.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by chocolatguitar
and mayday, there's more to the first amendment than that.

South Park...?
Quote by Dirge Humani
Who cares, its not like anyone ever respects any amendments other than the fifth...

No one respects the fifth.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by _Mayday_
South Park...?

lol no...

and that's right kids, no one respects the fifth amendment.

except for me.
Why do they make you swear on the bible in court??? This government is screwed up
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by cubs
whats happens if you get that stuff on your shirt? cus yesterday i was at a party and i got some on my shirt, will the stains go off?
Quote by chocolatguitar
lol no...

I'm confused. I quoted South Park, did you know that?
Quote by _Mayday_
I'm confused. I quoted South Park, did you know that?

no...i thought you were just exercising your typical "i'll say something irrelevant" ability.

Quote by chocolatguitar
no...i thought you were just exercising your typical "i'll say something irrelevant" ability.

Pfft, we all know you suck balls.
i'm not american so i'm confused will someone please explain all this amendment shit
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by (-:
Why do they make you swear on the bible in court??? This government is screwed up

because the western world is a dominantly christian society, you can choose to swear on a different holy book if you so choose, or not to swear at all just to take some sort of oath saying you wont lie if your not religious but i forgot what's thats called.
Quote by future rock god
because the western world is a dominantly christian society, you can choose to swear on a different holy book if you so choose, or not to swear at all just to take some sort of oath saying you wont lie if your not religious but i forgot what's thats called.

I'm pretty sure if you're atheist you don't have to.
Quote by Leonheart
I'm pretty sure if you're atheist you don't have to.

that's what i'm saying, you get sort of sworn in saying you wont lie, but not swearing on any holy book.