Well, I've been ignoring this for a while now, but I think I should address the problem. My fretting hand gets sore easily. I'm not sure what it is, but it might have to do with the neck width. When I play an Ibanez RG or a JEM at Guitar Center, I don't feel cramped or strained like I do when I play my Epiphone G-310. Could it be something else?
it does seem like it could be the neck...or maybe it's the fact that you play those guitars sitting down when ur at guitar center but play your epiphone standing up at home and u have ur strap too low.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Definatly the neck. Ibanez usually comes with a Wizard neck which is very thin. Now i don't know about the Epiphone, but i think it should be something like that.
You're just straining the muscles in your hand/forearm playing on the Epiphone. The neck is obviously too thick &/or too wide for your muscles to adapt to. Playing on a Jem is much easier because the necks are thin. You might want to try stretching the muscles in your hand/forearm.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AlGeeEater
You're just straining the muscles in your hand/forearm playing on the Epiphone. The neck is obviously too thick &/or too wide for your muscles to adapt to. Playing on a Jem is much easier because the necks are thin. You might want to try stretching the muscles in your hand/forearm.

Chris

But I have big hands. That's what's weird about this.
I get the same problem, I have abnormally large hands ( You know what they say about big hands? Yeahhh, it's true. ) but I cannot stand thicker necks. I believe it's something to do with the way my (our) hands have to adapt to the size of the neck which strains the muscles.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'