right i know stuff like mahogony basswood aldar etc are seen as good wood but cheap guitars use them as well, are there different quality as im guessing cheap guitars wouldnt use good wood, or is it rubbish hardware that make it cheap.
because if a body is alder and like the jem is as well, there must be something wrong if one could be a 100 and one could be 700, is it different quality or is it down to hardware and neck and that
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Well, there's no such thing as bad tonewood to me. The only bad tonewood you'll find is wood with defects in it, and they shouldn't be used for instrument making anyways. There shouldn't be different grades of wood either, they're all basically the same thing if you think about it. Why is one piece of alder going to be better than the other? Maybe the climate & speed of growth have something to do with this, but i've never come across any guitar that the wood has caused it to sound 'bad'.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
the hardware, the attention paid to the finish, if it's set-up or not. and of course the name, like usa or korea.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by nightwalker903
right i know stuff like mahogony basswood aldar etc are seen as good wood but cheap guitars use them as well, are there different quality as im guessing cheap guitars wouldnt use good wood, or is it rubbish hardware that make it cheap.
because if a body is alder and like the jem is as well, there must be something wrong if one could be a 100 and one could be 700, is it different quality or is it down to hardware and neck and that

Wait...

You have two of the same guitars just with different strings?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
What makes cheap guitars "cheap" is the bad craftsmanship put into them. They have cheap electronics, pickups, are badly alligned, pieces are sometimes kinda loose, and the finishes may look bad or feel bad...sometimes kinda sticky or rough rather than being nice and smooth and slippery for you to play fast.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by hamish5178
Wait...

You have two of the same guitars just with different strings?

kinda.... well ones custom ones standard, i got a pack of 10s with it so i put it on to see which i prefer think i prefer 9s though
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass