In your opinion, who makes the best jazz type guitar? I'm thinking something along the lines of Fender or Gibson, but who else?
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Epiphone hollowbodies are pretty nice
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Gibson probably makes the better jazz guitar. They've been doing it since at least the 1930s, while Fender has less experience. Also, Charlie Christian (jazz guitar pioneer) used a Gibson.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Benedetto, D'Angelico, American Archtop, etc, etc.

Fender doesn't have any 'Jazz' guitars as far as i'm concerned. Neither does Gibson, although some of their archtops are nice.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Gibson has been donig jazz much longer. However, a strat will do some nice blues and jazz. Nothing compared to an es 335 though. Damn those are nice.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help