does anyone know of a amp thats around 30 watts, and is around $100? my bassist has a little 10 watt, and he cant get over the drummer. he his buying a used MIM jazz. in fact his getting it next weekend on his way to my house.

any ideas? we play classic rock, modern rock, and metal.
30 watts won't help much, you will need around 100-150 watts to be heard over a drummer without damaging the amp. And i suggest looking at hartke, laney, gallien-krueger and ashdown
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
30 watts won't help much, you will need around 100-150 watts to be heard over a drummer without damaging the amp. And i suggest looking at hartke, laney, gallien-krueger and ashdown

are you kidding? 100 watts? over a drummer? for a band practice?
yea bro u need like 150 and ur gonna have probs findin one for that cheap, i got a behringer for like 200 and its only 180 watt, and behringer is low quality amps
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
You're thinking guitar amps bass' lower frequencies need more wattage to get them heard.

oh damn. my bassist will be pissed. dang. okay. thanks guys.
well if i were u guys i would look into a cheaper amp. or you could even get a keyboard amp i think. i heard u could use those with a bass and not have problems and in some cases theyre cheaper. hope it helps =]
it depends on the drummer, and the room acoustics. Before my 300w ashdown, I used a 65 watt amp in a small room with a very loud drummer. And it only just got above the drummer.
As a general rule though, 100 watts and you'll be in the clear.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Personally, I think your bassist is better off spending more money on the amp and not by a mexican bass. 2/3rds of the tone and quality of sound come from the amp and not the bass.