I know this could've went in the Alternative/Indie Forum, but since their later albums incorporate a lot of modern rock in them, I decided to post here. The people are cooler here anyway .

Anyways, what do you guys think of the Dave Matthews Band? I've become obsessed as of late and was wondering if anyone else here likes them.

~Discuss~
LOL
Just started listening to them and I love them. I got the Central Park Concert DVD and it's just incredible.

Jimi Thing w/ Warren Haynes is def. the highlight.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by IrishBlues
Just started listening to them and I love them. I got the Central Park Concert DVD and it's just incredible.

Jimi Thing w/ Warren Haynes is def. the highlight.

Yeah, seeing them live is a treat.
LOL
Yeah I plan on seeing them this summer.

Phish - Waste
I just recently started really listening to him and like u im obsessed. The VH1 storytellers w/ Tim Reynolds is pretty freakin awesome.
Quote by DownInAHole.
Are they on tour?

I actually don't know. But they come to my town every year, one of the few good bands that do.

Phish - Waste
Personally, I think they're one of the most overrated bands on the planet.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by DownInAHole.
I envy you.

I envy that you live in North Carolina.

Phish - Waste
Because I want to apply to University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill and since I live out of state it's extremely difficult to get accepted.

Phish - Waste
It's weird how people tend to get obsessed with them.

I think they're alright, a few good songs. I like it when Tim Reynolds plays with them.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by IrishBlues
Because I want to apply to University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill and since I live out of state it's extremely difficult to get accepted.

Go Heels, even though a few days ago we suffered a tragic loss to NC State. I'm probably going there too seeing as my grades are flawless.
LOL
I have great grades but I need my SATs up. And I've heard that to get into UNC from out of state is insanely hard. My other top choice is University of Virginia which has the same exact type of situation.

Phish - Waste
I've seen 'em twice and plan to see them again. When i first saw DMB, dave opened me up to entirely new way of looking at guitar. The best guitarists also make everyone else around them look good, too.
Probably my favorite band, they are so addicting. Once you start listening, you just can't stop. Seen 'em a few times and hope to see them again this summer.

New album in July by the way according to Billboard. Anyone pumped (besides me of course)?
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Cptbeefheart
Probably my favorite band, they are so addicting. Once you start listening, you just can't stop. Seen 'em a few times and hope to see them again this summer.

New album in July by the way according to Billboard. Anyone pumped (besides me of course)?

New album? Like, the actual Dave Matthews Band or the follow up to Some Devil?
LOL
The actual Dave Matthews Band. Have you heard any of the new songs? Idea of You, Break Free, Kill the King, Shotgun, and Sister. They were all heavily played during the summer tour (except KTK).
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Quote by Cptbeefheart
The actual Dave Matthews Band. Have you heard any of the new songs? Idea of You, Break Free, Kill the King, Shotgun, and Sister. They were all heavily played during the summer tour (except KTK).

I've been pretty stuck on Stand Up and Under the Table lately. I'll get around to checking out heir new stuff.
LOL
UTTAD is their best album and Stand Up is their worst (IMO of course), so you are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Before These Crowded Streets is pretty much considered to be their best record, so if you are looking for somewhere to go after the two you are hooked on, I would recommend that.

Nice, have you ever heard the original Busted Stuff, the Lillywhite Sessions??

Quote by Cptbeefheart
Nice, have you ever heard the original Busted Stuff, the Lillywhite Sessions??

I take it your speaking of the producer Steve Lillywhite. If so, then I didn't hear it.
LOL
Well, its the original Busted Stuff sessions before they ditched Steve and made Everyday. Then the original sessions got leaked, the fans liked them better than Everyday, so DMB redid them in the form of Busted Stuff, getting rid of the best songs like JTR, Monkey Man and Sweet Up and Down. You have to erm..illegally obtain the original sessions, but they should be easy to find if you are interested.

I grew up listining to Dave Matthews Band because my Bro would listen to them all the time. They are still in my top 4 Favorites and my favourite songs are Ants Marching and lousisiana Bayou.
So, they're really good? Sounds interesting. I might check it out. BTW, I hated most of Everyday. It IS better than that right?
LOL
Much better than that. Everyday is better than Stand Up in my opinion, especially after you have heard the songs off that record live.

Quote by Cptbeefheart
Much better than that. Everyday is better than Stand Up in my opinion, especially after you have heard the songs off that record live.

I like those two records equally. Prolly 3 songs on each I really care for.
LOL