I am looking to buy either a Fender Twin Amp or Fender Twin Reverb 65. The 65 appearantly uses a tube reverb?, but the newer model Twin Amp uses the older spring reverb. Can anyone tell me what the differences in sound and quality might be asside from the mechanical differences?
thanks
Couldn't tell. My 6505 combo has spring reverb and it sounds pretty good. IMO, nothing beats the old school stuff.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
tube reverb is not a type of reverb i believe. i think that tube reverb means powered by tube. spring reverb sounds less extreme than plate reverb, and room and hall reverb are emulated. I'd go with the tube reverb.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
What does it matter? Buy the amp you like the sound of best, reverb should just be an extra.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah, you really need to try 'em both out and see what you like better. They're both great amps, you're not going to go too far wrong either way.

I can tell you that my Fender has tube driven reverb, and it's incredible. Only thing is that it's so deep that once you get past "3" or so, it sounds like you're playing in the Grand Canyon with hardwood floors.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I can't really tell much of a difference. Spring or tube both sound fine.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals