Ok guys, me and my dad were talkin today, and we have a bunch of megaboard lying aroung(megaboard is 3" thick plywood). So im gonna build a bass out of some of the board.
So im asking you guys for ideas for a shape. I already know that i want to put some effects in it (fuzz etc.)

I know that it probly wont have a good tone, but i just want to build something different.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
A plywood bass?

Why not build a nice Cab? It would be perferct for that...

but i doubt plywood is going to give you a very good tone as a guitar :P
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass
Ibanez BTB575FM 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg V9 SVT/ Ampeg 8x10 Cab
Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster

Angelus Mortem
Quote by Angelus Mortem
A plywood bass?

Why not build a nice Cab? It would be perferct for that...

but i doubt plywood is going to give you a very good tone as a guitar :P

well the problem with building a cab is that this stuff is very heavy.

and i already said that i know its not gonna have good tone.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Plywood is good to practise with, but don't invest loads of money into some plywood bass. Once you have the skill to build a bass out of real wood, just transfer the stuff you put into the plywood bass into the real wood bass.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Plywood is good to practise with, but don't invest loads of money into some plywood bass. Once you have the skill to build a bass out of real wood, just transfer the stuff you put into the plywood bass into the real wood bass.

Thats what I was planning to do. But im kinda stuck deciding what shape i should make it. I want something wild and outrageous, and i plan to put some effects in it.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
why not tak a classic shape, like precision or jazz, and then just mess with it? lenghtn the horns, hsharpen them, do it backwards
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
well actually I've decided on a shape, its someting kinda like an explorer crossed with a razorback (id post pics if i had a camera and new how), Now i just need some ideas for pickups, and ideas for effects (I already know i want somekinda fuzz in there).
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
as i said earlier, ive got a design decided upon. Now i need to decide on the pickup and i need a schematic for 1 bass humbucker with vol and tone, and a fuzz and chorus built in.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
THIS website has a wiring diagram of a bass humber with volume and tone. As for chorus and fuzz schematics go to THIS website and pick a chorus and fuzz schematic. There are a lot of models on it.