Page 1 of 2
here's how it works, you post the tabs of your solo(not recordings of them, just the tabs)
Me, and 2more member will decide the winner in 5 days on feb, 9

places :

juges(sp?)

1.KoRn-Tristan
2.13fty_g3n1n5_89

pm me to join
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Last edited by avenged_7_fold at Feb 5, 2007,
ok, we still need one judge.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
give us a lil longer than five days? do you want just a solo? or a song with an uber solo in it? do you have to add a bass n drums n stuff too..? cause i suck at that lol. sorry bout all the questions. im new to this :P
Quote by Doofus
give us a lil longer than five days? do you want just a solo? or a song with an uber solo in it? do you have to add a bass n drums n stuff too..? cause i suck at that lol. sorry bout all the questions. im new to this :P

Not guitar pro or power tab regular tabs and just the solo.
:
Quote by malachifivebass

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I'll enter. Is it considered cheating if you use a solo that was already used is a song you wrote? :p
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
regular tabs wont work i dont think, what if you cant play the solo, how are you supposed to know how it sounds. i think you should make it so that it IS guitar pro and power tabs...so that we can actually hear everyones solo's. im working on something on guitar pro just now
yeah, it woud be easier if it were for powertabs, as you can hear everyone's solos and everyone will be able to get the software.

But either way, i'm in.
Well, with guitar pro, you could always extract the midi.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
I agree with a normal tab you could just write numbers that look complex but sound like shit make it powertab the software is free
I'll think about it.
:
Quote by malachifivebass

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

i have a solo done (not an exceptionally great one though) in powertab. will you accept it?

EDIT: added MIDI
Attachments:
UG solo.zip
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Last edited by nexteyenate at Feb 11, 2007,
^ srry I can't get PT cuz I've got a mac.
:
Quote by malachifivebass

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

Quote by nexteyenate
i have a solo done (not an exceptionally great one though) in powertab. will you accept it?

Open the solo you want to use in power tab then open the File menu at the top left, go down to Extract, and click as MIDI, and then upload that instead of a powertab.
i added the midi
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
wow, thanks!
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
that sounds almost EXACTLY like the solo from "Six" by All That Remains
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
upon a second listen, i will retract my first statement and say that only the beginning is very similar
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
pt or gp could be used to write it so you can hear what it sounds like then just write it out as a normal tab....
Nexteyenate, that solo was very good, but i feel that one part towards the end was basically a section of the solo from Free Bird. Other than that, i like the transition from acoustic to electric.

Im not a judge im just saying lol
Quote by Msu_Man04
Nexteyenate, that solo was very good, but i feel that one part towards the end was basically a section of the solo from Free Bird. Other than that, i like the transition from acoustic to electric.

Im not a judge im just saying lol

really? i've never actually listened to the song (other than on the radio). hold on. i'll listen to freebird and change my solo if it sounds too similar.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
okay i changed it because it was almost exactly the same. heres the new solo
Attachments:
UG solo.zip
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
This is a slightly re-organized version of a solo from one of my songs.

Hope you like it.

PS - I've included a plain old .txt file with the solo as well (GP5 exports those beautifully, great for song hand-outs a week before band practice... saves everyone the grief).
Attachments:
Solo.zip
Here is my entry, it's only 16 bars but it's at 90bpm, unlike some of the songs on here which are 240+(!). I have Gp5 now, and midi, but am working on converting it to ptab, gotta go through it and change all of the bends and triplets.

EDIT: Added the Ptab but for some strange reason I was having trouble with the bends, some were sounding, some weren't. I just made then normal notes and added text above them explaining them.

EDIT II: I changed the GP file and midi one up a bit, made it a little more fluid. Now someone, judge this.
Attachments:
Original Solo.zip
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Last edited by RPotts at Feb 19, 2007,
i dont want this thread to die
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
i don't know.... hopefully within the next 699 days. I want something good to happen during the misery i experience while Bush is in office.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by buckethead_jr
My entry (if there is enough space).
I was going to use this as a part of a full song, but i'll post it anyway.
It's like, the best thing i've ever written.

Wow, you're pretty skilled, Marty Friedman. Maybe you should call it Dragon Mistress.
Last edited by felenoral at Feb 21, 2007,
Quote by felenoral
Wow, you're pretty skilled, Marty Friedman. Maybe you should call it Dragon Mistress.

lol pwnt?

ive never heard of it so i cant tell.
Quote by felenoral

actually only the start sounds similar. But i guess i'll write a new one.
Page 1 of 2