I am trying to vibrato on the 8th fret of the bottom string. My question is how? Do i just vibrato upwards? It seems kinda hard :O.
good question. I would if possible transpose the song so that it was the 13th fret on the B string. I don't know how hard that would be, given I don't know what song it is.
Have you seen BB King do a vibrato? That's how I usually try to do it on the high E string (bottom physically).
Yeah, I actually developed a whole other style of vibrato from my usual style, just to do vibrato on the high E, then decided I liked it better and started using it for everything. I play a Strat so there's no room at all to do vibrato on the high E!

I dunno how to explain it exactly, just fret the note and... Shake.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Ahh. Thanks guys. The song is while my guitar gently weeps (the solo). I will work on this, probably just do 13 on the b . Thanks for that!
i do how classical players and violin players do it. you basically rock your finger back and forth in the fret. so theres no little bends on the string. helps alot on the high E and low E.
Bend....un-bend....bend....un-bend
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
get a 7 string so that your bottom string is a B, then you'll have all the room in the world for vibrato on the 6th, lol.
DETHKLOK RULZ!
Quote by Pizzapotamus
get a 7 string so that your bottom string is a B, then you'll have all the room in the world for vibrato on the 6th, lol.
He means the physically bottom string.

My suggestions is to just bend it up and back down a little bit very quickly. Easier said than done, but I like doing it that way.
The way I tend to do it is to kind of "anchor" this knuckle:

against the edge of the neck, fret the note, hold the fretting finger still, and twist my wrist. This is how I personally get the best sound and most control out of my vibrato on the 1st string.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Do the more ( I guess it's Bluesy?) style of vibrato. It's a side to side shake. Try it out. Not very hard.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
i do how classical players and violin players do it. you basically rock your finger back and forth in the fret. so theres no little bends on the string. helps alot on the high E and low E.

Thats how I do it.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
i bend it like an eighth of a step up to give myself more space to vibrato
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Quote by bangoodcharlote
He means the physically bottom string.

as far as i've known, in guitar talk the bottom string is the 6th/7th, and the top string is the 1st, because when you're looking at a guitar your perspective is upside down.
DETHKLOK RULZ!
Quote by jasonsol
I am trying to vibrato on the 8th fret of the bottom string. My question is how? Do i just vibrato upwards? It seems kinda hard :O.

It takes a lot of practice to do that, you can also do it with a whammy bar if you have one.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach