Page 2 of 2
definetly wanna get a tonewood so ya can get the best resonance out it otherwise its basically pointless to do. your only gonna need a small piece so im sure there is probably some kind of lumber yard or woodshop near ya where you could steal a small scrap piece to do. also have ya decided on any specific pickups or anything yet or ya still brainstorming??
My Gear

Digitech GNX2
Jasmine by Takamine Acoustic
Agile LP3000 Prestige
Crate MX65R
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M
Last edited by AnthonyG at Feb 6, 2007,
Must be my dial up, cuz its still not working. Ill check back in the morning.
I looked (and listened) to all the choices, and I think I'm gonna go with the Pearly Gates Neck/ Custom Bridge combo for pickups, but I'm not going to be able to do that for a while (Again, a lil low on funds for now, a few months and I'll havem.) I'm also going to get the locking tuners and the graphite nut and roller saddles. Anyone know a good place to get nuts?

I'm going to bed, see yall in the morning.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah. My friend's Strat copy is made of Agathis. I can't imagine that thing weighs an ounce over 3 or 4 pounds. Maybe your neck was some reeeally dense rock maple. Maple is pretty hefty.

The neck is pretty hefty with all the hardware attached.

It was an Ibanez GSA60, and it had a carved top, so that probably contributed to the weight quite a bit.
Tuning machines can be pretty heavy too. One time I held a set of bass tuners in my hand and I was surprised at the weight. That combined with the maple of the neck and the rosewood, as well as the truss rod. Humbuckers are surprisingly hefty, which will add some more weight. The same with the trem block.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
K, I can steal a scrap of poplar from my woodshop class tommorrow. The link worked today, very good directions thx for em.

I think I'll stick with the custom. I'd been eyeing a ceramic pickup for a while anyways.

I will list everything on my wishlist so far:
Pickups: Pearly Gates Neck/Duncan Custom Bridge
Hardware/tuners:wilkerson locking tuners, graphite nut, roller saddles
Pedals/distortions:Electro Harmoniz Metal Muff

I think I got everything I needed covered, after I get these I can go ahead and get a tube amp, and finally, a nice lil les paul

If you got any other suggestions for my list, I'm always glad to hear new ideas.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
yep, basically setup...but i dont have the effects cuz i have a 120 watt crate 2x12 amp and it has decent effects on it.....
same style too....
UG's HIPPIE
Goober, was that post supposed to be in this thread?
Quote by HomerHitter
well i think hes only blocking behind the trem so he cant octave up anything but can still divebomb so graph nut and rollers would still be useful for the dives only
My Gear

Digitech GNX2
Jasmine by Takamine Acoustic
Agile LP3000 Prestige
Crate MX65R
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M
Cuz I'm not blocking the trem permanently. If I ever get into using the trem the saddles and the nut will be useful.
Quote by HomerHitter
Oh. Okay. Gotcha. Eh, who am I to talk, anyway? I have a graphite nut and roller saddles on my SG. No trem at all!

Haha. It makes sense somehow...I bend a lot so, the graphite nut helps keep it in tune, and as for the roller saddles, it was the closest measurements I could find on a tune-o-matic bridge that would retrofit the crappy stock Korean one. Bushings and stuff are off by a couple of millimeters on other bridges I found..
hehe... I see your reasoning.

For absolutely no reason at all, I might as well add an amp to my wish list. I was thinking either a Vox Valvetronics 100w or a Fallen Angel 40w. Either of these good for the kind of tone I'm lookin for?(which is metallica/megedeath) Keep in mind that I wont be getting the amp til after I get the other things on the list.

Also, I just noticed trivium sounds a lil like metallica.
Quote by HomerHitter
k I see. Scratch the vox.

What other choices do I have other than fallen angel? I've heard good things about the line 6 spider III, or perhaps the Marshall MG?
Quote by HomerHitter
Well, I just finished my order on Musicians freind for the metal muff and the duncan custom. I didnt have the money to buy the rest of the things right now, but its only about 100 bucks worth of stuff, which i can get next paycheck. YAY
Quote by HomerHitter
Page 2 of 2