So I've been playing guitar since summer of 2006, so little over half a year now, and I've been playing an acoustic fender this whole time, recently I purchased a Mexican Made Fender Stratocaster, good choice for a beginner electric?
id be overjoyed if i had it as a beginner guitar. its actually quite a good guitar and i dont think youd need a new electric for some time
Good choice for even the advanced player. I had one as my first electric and love it to death. Also the quality difference between an american and mexican strat isn't much so it's not worth the money to upgrade as you progress
CGDAEG
Very nice choice, I personally dispise strats, but I do know that they are excellent guitars (I just hate them, its a personal taste thing).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Dude, yeah. That was my 3rd guitar, and my current one that I use for everything. Very good choice for a beginner, some professionals even use them.
Great guitar for a beginner. Once you get a bit better and you enjoy the fender tone, get the american .
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
My first guitar was a mim Fender Strat Midnight Wine, for my birthday, I love it.
nice dude
i got one and i love it man
but u gotta hot rod the pickups for better tone tho
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Ya thats perfect. You have been playing for 6 months so its not like you are a total beginner. Thats perfect, now enjoy it to the fullest.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Excellent choice. I loved my Squier, and plan to get a Fender eventually. You should be very pleased with it, . What finish did you get?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by Jinskee
Great guitar for a beginner. Once you get a bit better and you enjoy the fender tone, get the american .

Nah, just mod the Mexi! It'll be cheaper and pretty much as good.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Wow a mexi for a first electric! Thats pretty amazing, you cant get better until you go american Fender in my opinion - nice going.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Will it make any difference what we say?

You already bought it.

It's silly when people buy something and then ask people to verify what they did as being good in order to feel better about spending the money.

If you really cared for our opinions, you would've asked before buying it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
MiM Strats can be great guitars. Hell, I'm thinking of buying one now and whilst it's a far lower spec than what I currently play, I just like it for some reason.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
It's a very VERY nice guitar.

Personally I need humbuckers, but still very nice.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30