so a friend and i were chillin and skating and this kid that was with us starts talking crap about my friend and about how he sucks at guitar. I told him to shut the hell up but he starts going on about all kinds of crap and then I mentioned his playing (He Is Terrible. cant play easy greenday stuff) well he starts saying how he is able to play whatever he wants to because he knows music theory and that if you know music theory that you can play anything. so i was like, whatever just shut up, your and idiot. So he was like ok lets play. he told me to choose a song and we will both learn it and on friday we will both get together with the kids in the neighborhood and they will judge who is better. im posting this to ask what an easy song i can tell him to learn that is simple, and has a good amount of strumming.

thanks,
joe
GUITARS:
Ibanez s40dxqm
Gibson SG faded

Amp:
Peavey JSX 120watt head
Mesa Boogie recto 2x12 Cab
Honestly, that's just stupid. I wouldn't mind having a little guitar showdown...but what you guys are doing is just immature (well....on his side). You can't really meassure skill or talent... I can almost assure that if you play a whole bunch of random notes and a whoooollleeee lot of bends--the kids in the neighbor hood will be all over you.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
it didnt really bug me that he had no idea wtf he was saying i thought it was funny, it pisses me off that he is all ways talking crap about my friend and never gets off his case.
GUITARS:
Ibanez s40dxqm
Gibson SG faded

Amp:
Peavey JSX 120watt head
Mesa Boogie recto 2x12 Cab
^that's what you call an imature poser.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Maybe go and learn some Green Day song or Fall Out Boy or some easy song that they do. Punk Rock or whatever it's called. Usually has alot of chords.
i hear fermented offal discharge is a tad easier than only ash remainds
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
I'm predicting something...

"You both suck"
-Someone in the future

....Yeah, I had to say that....
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Last edited by Good Riddance at Feb 26, 2007,
Pick something punk or emo. Angsty, pimple-faced teenage kids love to see you masturbate a guitar and say something about dying.
The only thing more dangerous than someone who thinks they can change the world is someone who realizes it's true.

"90% of everything is crap." -Sturgeon's Law
Cuttin' Heads.

Don't know what that is?? Watch Crossroads, NOT the Britney Spears movie.

You could also stack the jury against him. Pay the judges to pick your friend. If its good enough for the mob and politicians, then its good enough for neighborhood teenage guitar pickers.

Bring a video camera and put the results on youtube.
^ that would be interesting. How long does this song have to be, and how many solos (if any). If your friend can handle shred, I choose that, cause he'll show up this punk for sure:P Hell, if this guy is as bad as you've made him out to be, you could probably get away with something like... oh, I don't know... Through the Fire and Flames played at 1/4 of its original speed (which still makes it 100x harder than Greenday lol) and school this moron. However, I don't recommend this, because if anyone knows the song, you will get laughed at lol. So having said that, maybe some good old Rage Against the Machine?? Not much in the way of strumming, but will pose a nice challenge when it comes to the solos (trying to figure out how to do some of them is quite fun)
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Actually, yeah.

Video tape it or never come back to UG again..k?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R