Poll: Should the Superbowl be a national holiday?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should the Superbowl be a national holiday?
Yes
60 45%
No
74 55%
Voters: 134.
Page 1 of 2
Every one watches the superbowl, it is the most watched televised event of the entire year. Not only that bt every one watches it to see the comercials, i mean how meny shows do you watch, that you actually enjoy the comercials? And it is the 2nd most food consumption day of the year behind thanksgiving, every year my parents stock up on barbeque, beer, and soda. And the only sporting event where people have parties to watch the game, no other sports have parties but every one has gone to a superbowl party at one point or another in their life.

So back to the question, should it be considered a holiday? like superbowl weekend ( a 3 day weekend eighter on friday to get ready for the bowl, or on monday to take a break after it is all done [or maybe both])
yes it should be a hoilday
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Hell no. It's just a sport, a retarded sport at that.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
well since its always on a sunday, last time I checked anwyays, i believe it is a holiday...
Football sucks.

But it's a day off. Holiday ftw.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
People have plenty of parties for other events. Take the world cup final for instance. Mad parties for the finalists of that competition.

No it shouldn't be a holiday. Though I suppose my opinion isn't that valid since I'm Scottish.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
I'm Scottish.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
actually some senator brought up the day after being a national holiday because productivity is so low that day...i think
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
hell no, a holiday for jocks!? HAHAHAHA
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Football's cool, but hockey is 1000x better. Save your parties for the stanley cup finals.
nothing to see here
Quote by Seiko-Unleashed
Football's cool, but hockey is 1000x better. Save your parties for the stanley cup finals.

*high-fives* Thrashers for the cup!
Quote by Liberation

Blasphemy you hockey playing hose head! Wussup, buddy?

I say no to the holiday, although I would love to have the day off. I've gotta go to work here in a few minutes, so I'm gunna miss the second half. I look forward to the big game all year long.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by Seiko-Unleashed

please tell me you did not just say that. at my school any person that likes hockey we call canadian, and its aboot time we knock those queers on their asses
je suis haut
Quote by reissued
please tell me you did not just say that. at my school any person that likes hockey we call canadian, and its aboot time we knock those queers on their asses

Man with a stick vs man without a stick. Technology is always an advantage.
Quote by reissued

now you're making fun of canadians?
nothing to see here
yes, especially if the raiders win
Quote by Dimebag22
4. the penis thread kid?

Quote by carol.
as of today 7.
you will forever be known to me as the "WHY DO My THREADS KEEP DYING!??! " kid.

No, I hate football.

Maybe its because i'm Canadian, but correct if i'm wrong, the hockey playoffs are pretty popular.

Either way, i'm not a huge sports fan to begin with, but football sucks and it shouldn't be a national holiday.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
I dont watch teh superbowl and i dont like football. I do however go to hockey parties.
Quote by Vin2254
its on a sunday. nobody works anyway.

I worked...

It was dead as hell though we had like a grand total of 6 customers probably the time i was there...

No the super bowl should not be a holiday... maybe an observance, if it gets us off of school for a day.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
there should be another option in the poll stating "i dont live in the USA so my opinion is null and void about whether or not there should be a national holiday in another country."

edit:
Quote by adamk991100
No, I hate football.

Maybe its because i'm Canadian, but correct if i'm wrong, the hockey playoffs are pretty popular.

Either way, i'm not a huge sports fan to begin with, but football sucks and it shouldn't be a national holiday.

Hockey is the fourth most popular sport in the United States so I wouldnt really call the playoffs "pretty popular" compared to basketball, baseball, and football.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Feb 4, 2007,
i voted yes.

i also think it should be mandatory for everyone to be finished with work before game time. that way i dont have to worry about getting off work.
Quote by Liberation

No more retarded than a bunch of white guys swinging sticks at a peice of frozen rubber...

But no....it would be stupid to make it a holiday.
The day after the superbowl should be a holiday; it's the day that American businesses lose the most money due to employee absences (besides holidays).
Hi, I'm Peter
you know hockey is one of the most rascist sports besides dominoes?
Its a just a bunch of white people hitting around a black puck.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Actually people still work on Super Bowl. Both my brothers ended up working today and one of them missed the entire thing.

And my dumbass teacher assigned homework on how we have to write about the commercials.
Sent from my iPad.
I like pro football. A lot. But this idea is pretty lame.

If it was, where would you get your pizzas, snacks, beer, etc?

No.
I didnt watch it, honestly. I dont have TV.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
as long as fast food restraunts, pizza places stay open, i vote yes. and for that compaison for hockey... its a good sport but.... Men with sticks to use to hit people with= pussies. Men that use all of their body and strength to knock the **** out of the other guy= A real man
Nah. You already get the sunday off anyway so whats the point?

Whats funny is when the Yankees win the World Series, New York City has a huge parade and it really doesnt matter if you go to school or not.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelsean at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by the_man101
it is the most watched televised event of the entire year.

Technically, the world cup is the most watched televised event. But then, it's not an annual kind of thing so....
I honestly didn't know sports were supposed to be commercialized beyond belief.

Just me though.

Ironic how the people watching a sport are sitting on their asses getting fat.

Quote by Masamune
Technically, the world cup is the most watched televised event. But then, it's not an annual kind of thing so....

Nor is it only for one sport.
It might not that much sence since the game is played on Sunday anyway. It would only benefit a few people so is not worth it
Quote by raisinbran
I honestly didn't know sports were supposed to be commercialized beyond belief.

Just me though.

Ironic how the people watching a sport are sitting on their asses getting fat.

Nor is it only for one sport.

He said the World Cup, not the Olympics?
Page 1 of 2