Page 1 of 8
your kidding. well im not going to flip out. because, i dont want to get banned again.

but what im sick of, is all these modern pop rock bands get these sigs.

for example, im an mcr fan, and if ray toro got a sig guitar, id be sick.

why?

hes not a legend. legends deserve sigs. not pop people.
hahahahaha wow, ok. is this going to be aviable to the public? its not bad looking but i would never buy it cause i hate him and i think squire are cheap. but im intrested to hear someone whos playd it's opionion. oh and i deff agree with the guy above me i hate it when pop people get sigs its stupid.
Quote by Arlabester
your kidding. well im not going to flip out. because, i dont want to get banned again.

why?

well, i guess its more of a "hey, hes famous lets give him a signature" type thing.
but then again, he has accomplished more music fame than most of the people on this site.
Quote by Arlabester

why?

hes a legend to a whole heap of fall out boy fans, deal with it

does he actually play a squier? he probably plays a fender but they made a squier and fender sig
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
hes not a legend to anyone, hes some pretty boy that a bunch of 13 year old girls like. just cause hes whats "in" doesnt make him deserve a sig. true he may have acomplished alot more then people on this site but that doesnt mean he has more talent.
its not the PETE WENTZ signature, but Clandestine Industries, Pete wentz's clothing line. and all profits go to www.invisiblechildren.com, which is a great charity resource. so its not really money in the bank for him.
There's something living in these lines.
Quote by Heartika
hes not a legend to anyone, hes some pretty boy that a bunch of 13 year old girls like.

Have you seen Pete's Peter?

He's a legend to me.
doesnt matter he doesnt deserve it, but like bmac said there are people like john mayer or other great musicians who deserve them. im not a fan of pete or john but i dont think pete has enough "umph" to hve a sig
Quote by Heartika
doesnt matter he doesnt deserve it, but like bmac said there are people like john mayer or other great musicians who deserve them. im not a fan of pete or john but i dont think pete has enough "umph" to hve a sig

well obviously he does
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
so just just shutup lol =] . well whatever i wanna hear from someone whos played it.
I don't think anyone has played, it looks like it isn't even out yet, the page says check back often for more details.. Plus, my guess is it sounds just like a regular Squier Pbass..
#1. Puts bucket on head.
#2. Yells incoherent rambling for 30 mins.
#3. Removes bucket from head.

Well, that aside. If Fender gave sig basses to people that have talent the world would be a different place, but Fender is a company and they don't give a crap if Pete Wentz can play PoT at 1000000000000bpm or can only play the open E-string, they want money, and damn they will be getting it.
You know why its a squier? 13 year olds have very little money, and making a fender is not cost effective
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
As said sig basses are all about popularity, plus lets face it:

Fender=money lovers, they have their hand in everything they can basically.

EDIT: Indie is right, but it didn't stop the blink 182 sigs from selling. Then again they did add a squier version of Tom Delonges guitar eventually.
the only mod rock bass sigs i'd b stoked to see be released are tim commerford and flea
the rest....HAH.
Well there already is a Flea bass. Plus one for Steve Harris. And Reggie Hamilton. and Tony Franklin. and Jaco Pastorious

Plus this bass company from chicago makes a Duck Dunn sig bass that's basically a fender P bass with a Fralin pickup in it. There are quite a few skilled bassists that have sigs.
WTF, why is it a Squier?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
WTF, why is it a Squier?

What? Like that moron can play well enough to deserve a signature Fender?

Those are reserved for the most kick ass bassists ever. Like Steve Harris.
they dont even make the Steve Harris model anymore, imagine it was kickass. its a shame Fender had to make a Pete Wentz sig bass but i saw this coming. I actually saw it on Musicians Friend but they took it down. I can say it does cost $279. It looks like it had a Quarter Pounder in the picture. It might have Duncan Designed pickups. Id still love to see Fender make a US 1977 p-bass reissue though...
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Personally, I'd like to obtain my own signature line someday, as I have delusions of grandeur and consider myself to be of talent sometime to warrant a signature bass.

However, I wouldn't have Fender make it. I would shoot higher, and have Rickenbacker make me a mapleglo 6-string bass, complete with black hardware. Ooo.

One can dream, yes?
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Heartika

Ok.....everyone knows that Pete Wentz (who has sold what people in the 'biz refer to as a helluva lotta albums) doesn't deserve a signature bass and that the countless n00bzors on these forums that have been playing for a total of a year and half do deserve their own special line and endorsment from Fender. The point here is, Mr. Wentz has sold a ton of albums, and has played probably more shows in a year thatn alot of you will ever play in your lives. I hate to bring some of you guys down like this, but it seems to me that Pete Wentz (and all of Fallout Boy, for that matter) has payed his dues, and is only getting due credit for a whole bunch of playing, songwriting, recording, and performing.

BTW....John Mayer does have a signature.....he has two. A signature Fender strat and a signature Martin.

Quote by Pacifica112J
What? Like that moron can play well enough to deserve a signature Fender?

Yeah, because Fender sigs are reserved for only the best of the best. Like Tom Delonge, Mark Hoppus, Frank Bello, and (here it comes.....this one will earn me an instant ass-kicking from half of UG) Eric Clapton.
It really is sickening...
And no, he does not have more talent then all of the people on this site, not even half and he does NOT deserve it in the least.
They're appealing to the 13 year olds out there. Nobody would buy a Squier over a Fender. It's meant to be a starter bass to kids who like the whole pop rock thing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
the things people argue over these days..........
MY RIG!
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Stratocaster standard
Fender Toronado GT HH
Boss OS-2
BBE Sonic Maximizer

Member #31 of the Fender Armada!
Member #2 of the UG Blues Jr. Owners Club!
Quote by Heartika
hes not a legend to anyone, hes some pretty boy that a bunch of 13 year old girls like. just cause hes whats "in" doesnt make him deserve a sig. true he may have acomplished alot more then people on this site but that doesnt mean he has more talent.

Let's talk about deserving things in music business.

O wait, i think i've already said enough
Quote by Ampeg SVT
they dont even make the Steve Harris model anymore, imagine it was kickass. its a shame Fender had to make a Pete Wentz sig bass but i saw this coming. I actually saw it on Musicians Friend but they took it down. I can say it does cost $279. It looks like it had a Quarter Pounder in the picture. It might have Duncan Designed pickups. Id still love to see Fender make a US 1977 p-bass reissue though...

Looks like it says duncan designed, not basslines...still this isnt about popularity...this sig is just about money...like all Fender sigs
Quote by Bumper
Ok.....everyone knows that Pete Wentz (who has sold what people in the 'biz refer to as a helluva lotta albums) doesn't deserve a signature bass and that the countless n00bzors on these forums that have been playing for a total of a year and half do deserve their own special line and endorsment from Fender. The point here is, Mr. Wentz has sold a ton of albums, and has played probably more shows in a year thatn alot of you will ever play in your lives. I hate to bring some of you guys down like this, but it seems to me that Pete Wentz (and all of Fallout Boy, for that matter) has payed his dues, and is only getting due credit for a whole bunch of playing, songwriting, recording, and performing.

BTW....John Mayer does have a signature.....he has two. A signature Fender strat and a signature Martin.

Yeah, because Fender sigs are reserved for only the best of the best. Like Tom Delonge, Mark Hoppus, Frank Bello, and (here it comes.....this one will earn me an instant ass-kicking from half of UG) Eric Clapton.

Frank Bello is pretty good... I think.
Quote by musiclover2399
Plus this bass company from chicago makes a Duck Dunn sig bass that's basically a fender P bass with a Fralin pickup in it.

They're called Lakland, dammit!
Last edited by smb at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by Charlatan_001
Frank Bello is pretty good... I think.

He might be alright, but he's never really done anything that I think anyone would consider exceptional. By some of the morons in this threads reasoning you have to be Jaco to get a sig, and thats just not true. Fallout Boy have been around for quite a long time, and they spent alot of that time working their asses off. Some of you people think that they just showed one record exec their song and he said, "Oh my! The teeny boppers will love you! Here's a multi-million dollar contract!" but it doesn't go like that. They spent a lot of time touring, promoting, and working their own asses off to get to where they are. You know what Mudmen190? I haven't seen hardly anyone on UG willing to do all that to get all of their supposed "incredible talent" out there. So up your nose with a rubber hose.