hey all. i was thinking bout getting string saver saddles and they look great cept i'm not real sure on how they sound or how good they reli are.. can smeone help me out here?

link to a site i'm looking at is http://www.graphtech.com/prodssaver.htm
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
if it were me i would put my money elsewhere. sure strings break Occasionally, but i usually get sick of it sounding like crap and change them before they Break on me. and if your guitar is in good quality then string breakage isnt even a big threat. honestly i play pretty damn hard, and pick really deep, a lot.

unless of course you have a serious string breakage problem, in which case, go for it
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
They are good, they will reduce string breakage and aloow better tuning when whammying and such.
Last edited by kaplac at Feb 4, 2007,
I gotta $200CAD/$160USD guitar, and I pretty much never break strings, so, this seems a silly waste of money. If my cheap guitar is fine, any guitar worth upgrading must be better to begin with.
yeh my string breakage is pretty bad.. it's the reason y i look into it cuz i'm always scared of breaking a string during a gig or something n not having spares cuz i just replaced it.. the only problem is that i LOVE the way my guitar sounds now and dont want to change the sound dramatic so i dont get the same tone as i got now.. but somethin needs to be done with my strings... n yes i hammer my strings too
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Either way you still have to change your strings in a month or so, but well, I'd say go for it if you are going to be gigging etc.
It MIGHT make tone last a bit longer by reducing wear.
Is it always breaking at the saddles?

If so look for sharp edges and file them down.

That'll save ya some money.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Also check your picking. If you pluck the strings from underneath and pull them up they WILL break at the saddles.

I need to get me a set of these things though... shame I don't have the money :p
Quote by guitaristclass
Is it always breaking at the saddles?

If so look for sharp edges and file them down.

That'll save ya some money.

And then do that again every few months if your saddles are cheap.
Really depends on the saddles. If it's the graphite saver ones, then you won't have to file it for a long long time, if it's cheap, then sure, every few months.