alright, i have a marshall mg 15 which i love, but it's just not powerful enough. i'm one of those guys that when he's home alone, turns the amp up the loudest it can go, and that just isn't loud or powerful enough. so i want something bigger, but similar, i'm thinking about another marshall, i play hendrix, floyd, ac/dc and other classic rock, what would be best for me?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Well depends... If youre looking to gig then anywhere between 80/100w and up But if youre just at home 30 - 50 or so is a good blasting volume..
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
^If he's talking about solidstate.

How much money do you have?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
try an MG-100, MG-200 or a JCM series. They'll satisfy you assuming you have the $
i don't have barely any right now, but like i said i'm selling the mg , my pedal ,and if i have to i'd sell some other stuff, like my ps2 or something.
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

Quote by Costanza
try an MG-100, MG-200 or a JCM series. They'll satisfy you assuming you have the $

Oh gosh, that's terrible advice. MG's are bad amps in general- the tone is bad and they're not reliable. When you crank them they sound like garbage and feedback like crazy.

What's your price range?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-40-DSP-Guitar-Combo?sku=485043

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLCUBE60
Quote by Costanza
try an MG-100, MG-200 They'll satisfy you assuming you have the $

That would be like...selling ice cold water for sea water to drink...it just doesnt make sense.

I don't think you would have enough money for a good used tuber amp or something. I say get yourself a vox ad or a cube 30. They're about...200-300? You should be able to buy it easy if you're selling all you got.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Most people (myself included) will suggest to not get another MG.

A 5-15w mid-gain tube combo would suit you perfectly, imo.

Or a Vox
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
i just want loud, and power, not much else but a good tone. like, i dont know it sounds stupid that all i want is MORE POWER! but, also tone is a factor too, i mean, i don't know how to get that sorta, hendrixy tone out of my amp, like slightly fuzzy i guess, idk if you know what i mean. i've seen him play out of MGs before, but it's not all about the gear i'm aware. i'll take as close as i can get though.
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

Last edited by gtrfrk123 at Feb 4, 2007,
Hendrix...played...an...mg.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
did he seriously play an mg?

if he did he has lost what little respect i had for him
Quote by harley10_5
yea his dad was like, dude i got up the next morning to go take a crap and i looked over and theres a dang guitar in the bathtub.....

Member of UG's Gain Wh0res - pm gpderek09 to join.
*calms down*

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by NotAJock2Day
Hendrix didn't play through an MG because THEY DIDN'T EXIST in the 60's. (http://guitargeek.com/rigview/354/).

oh ok

why didnt i think of that???
Quote by harley10_5
yea his dad was like, dude i got up the next morning to go take a crap and i looked over and theres a dang guitar in the bathtub.....

Member of UG's Gain Wh0res - pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by gtrfrk123
i mean, i don't know how to get that sorta, hendrixy tone out of my amp, like slightly fuzzy i guess, idk if you know what i mean. i've seen him play out of MGs before, but it's not all about the gear i'm aware.

HAHAHAHA

...I really hope you were kidding.