Ever been appalled by the ridiculously retarded music that non-punk elitists think is great?

Example:

"Punk rock sucks ass, but Def Leppard is great."

Or like my dad, who says:

"Punk rock is music for unintelligent losers who don't know how to play guitar and write songs... But I like 30 Seconds to Mars."

Am I the only one who gets pissed about stuff like that?!
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Everyone has their own tastes.

The worst kind of people are those who don't realize this fact, and somehow assume their taste is better.
Haha, this wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that prince thread would it ?
And I get that kind of stuff a lot and I just ignore it now. I'm not about to try to explain what an incredible punk show feels like or the how important the community behind the music is.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
Haha, this wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that prince thread would it ?

Nothing at all

I'm dead serious though.

Some people in my video production class make fun of me for listening to punk (but they like Senses Fail and HIM) and even make fun of me for liking ska, even though they've NEVER even listened to it. "lol, you listen to ska. What a fag." I was about to choke a bitch the other day.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
i get annoyed when people say punk is boring then go on about how awesome led zep is...some of the blues stuff is pretty cool, like black dog and all them, but they get pretty boring.
and all of my love would be a great song is they just didn't have jimmy page's shitty guitar part in there. it ruins the song for me
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
I've never had people bug me about my musical tastes. Everyone I've talked to is pretty cool about letting it be, which is really nice. I like it when people are chill about their musical tastes, and open. I like punk rock, I like ska, I like heavy metal, I like jazz, I like 80s hair rock, I like new wave. Hell, I've spent more than a few hours listening to The Dire Straits and Stray Cats! Music is cool, enough said.
no
try being in a band with a purist metal drummer.
He laughs at the songs we want to cover.
Why must metal and punk always be in such conflict? It's such a bummer.
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
Ghandhi was the greatest shredder ever.

Quote by Siftings
Ian Mackaye confuses a shot of heroin with his insulin, and hilarity ensues.
More than anything I hate people who namedrop bands like AC/DC and Zeppelin as a way of gaining credibility. I also hate people who think classic rock is the beginning and end of good music, and that modern music is dead. Frustrating
I just ignore it. I think I've already told this one but some kid told me he liked punk rock and I'm like cool what kind. He said blink 182 and +44 but I didn't do anything, just said cool.Let them think what they want.
What's up?
I got into a big music argument today in the pub, some guy saw my leather jacket and started going on about how punk rock ruined music.

I got pretty angry, but luckily I didn't deck the **** as it turns out that he was the licensee. :p
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I got into a big music argument today in the pub, some guy saw my leather jacket and started going on about how punk rock ruined music.

I got pretty angry, but luckily I didn't deck the **** as it turns out that he was the licensee. :p

Good call.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Everyone has their own tastes.

The worst kind of people are those who don't realize this fact, and somehow assume their taste is better.

Exactly. And the irony that JesusOfSbrbia clearly thinks that his prefered music is better than what "non-punk elitists think is great". It's exactly the same thing.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic