Page 1 of 2
Just something that really pisses me off. I live in New Zealand and we have schools which you have to be Maori to go to and nobody complains or anything, but if someone where to make a school for only white people, there would be a huge uproar and all this crap about it being racist. is there anything like that where you live?
BET prime example . BLACK entertainment , all hell would break loose if CMT was called

White Man Televison
Quote by SharpSpoon
No.

But if they want to separate themselves, let them. Not like they are stopping you from learning or getting a job.

Are they?

Not exactly but out government decides to give them the majority of the money they have set aside for education seeing as they were the first on the country.
Quote by SharpSpoon
No.

But if they want to separate themselves, let them. Not like they are stopping you from learning or getting a job.

Are they?

Agleed 100%.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Yeah, here in the U.S. they have black only schools, but if they had white only schools there would be riots.
Quote by f'n_wanker
I can't slit my wrists yet because first i have to cry in a corner and i'd have to make a bulletin in MYspace about said crying, but myspace isn't working!!
White people are p00ns, if your so offended by such acts of inequality then complain.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
BET prime example . BLACK entertainment , all hell would break loose if CMT was called

White Man Televison

I think this is because White people consider everyone else a minority. Since they are the majority they can't have anything special.

My gym teacher calls black kids "Night Train"

"Listen here, night train, you're gonna have to run yourself over to my office...etc etc"
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
dood...maoris are crazy....i was fortunate enough to visit new zealand with my friend for his brothers wedding....great time....i dont think there should be maori schools...BULLSHIT....remember last year when one headbutted some guy on a tour...thats when i was there
Quote by Room On Fire
My gym teacher calls black kids "Night Train"

"Listen here, night train, you're gonna have to run yourself over to my office...etc etc"

I would just respond with "No thank you, White Honda".
Quote by SharpSpoon
I would just respond with "No thank you, White Honda".

haha :P... nice!
Quote by blockyourears
Just something that really pisses me off. I live in New Zealand and we have schools which you have to be Maori to go to and nobody complains or anything, but if someone where to make a school for only white people, there would be a huge uproar and all this crap about it being racist. is there anything like that where you live?

Do whites and Maori not get along? Just curious.
white honda hahaahaha
i dont think people should really make this whole thing a big deal cause,
its not causing trouble or violence is it?
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I've never seen a hispanic college fund. lol and I'm hispanic. I do think some black, if not most think everything is racist towards them. So to make them happy they make schools for them ... I'm not racist by the way but thats how it is.

Also every school in my neighborhood is named after black people. I do live in a majority black/hispanic neighborhood so maybe thats why.
Quote by FEDS-91
Do whites and Maori not get along? Just curious.

Depends on the people. Some get along, some dont, just liek some white people get along with each other and some dont. Theres not really any hate between them just because of the race
Quote by blockyourears

I live in NZ too and there are similar things which do bug me. I'm pretty sure there aren't any schools which you have to be Maori to go to, that would be racial discrimination. But there definitely all Maori schools. I don't see how this is a problem, though. Do you want to go to an all white school? I wouldn't. I made great friends in my time at school from many different ethnicities.

Can you give me an example of the schools you're on about?
Inhuman evil take down!
I personally don't have a problem with it because I'm Caucasian but I still think it's funny.
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
Quote by suicideangel_2
jesus leave it to an american to be so ignorant

I sure hope I never hear you rant about bigotry again
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by 18th_Angel
I live in NZ too and there are similar things which do bug me. I'm pretty sure there aren't any schools which you have to be Maori to go to, that would be racial discrimination. But there definitely all Maori schools. I don't see how this is a problem, though. Do you want to go to an all white school? I wouldn't. I made great friends in my time at school from many different ethnicities.

Can you give me an example of the schools you're on about?

I live in wellington, theres two that i can think of off the top of my head and they're
te ata whanui and te aroha

I dont know what its like in the rest of NZ cause i've only been down to christchurch but thats what its like in wellington
Quote by suicideangel_2
jesus leave it to an american to be so ignorant

Leave it to a dumbass to take everything literally. Anyway, these types of threads are getting boring real quick.
Grow up. Quit complaining. The situations you mention are completely, completely, COMPLETELY different
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by blockyourears
I live in wellington, theres two that i can think of off the top of my head and they're
te ata whanui and te aroha

I dont know what its like in the rest of NZ cause i've only been down to christchurch but thats what its like in wellington

I'm a student at vic uni but I don't know Wellington that well...
I used to pretty much agree with you, but you gotta just let them have these things man. Be thankful you weren't born into a poor Maori family you know, statistically they're mich worse off, and it's a pretty vicious cycle. Let me tell you there are **** all Maori people at Vic, and it's not because they choose not to go to uni...
Inhuman evil take down!
Black kids don't like hanging out with white kids, asians only hang out with other asians, whites don't give a shit. The minorities at our school (blacks, asians) dislike the white kids.
In my area (Near London, England) the majority of the community are Islamic and ridicule you for being white. The only food my college serves is ****ig Halal meat... What if I have a moral objection to eating food that could have been prayed to by some nutter? Would I go to Baghdad and demand that they only serve fish and chips and wear England football shirts? And socially, I find veils rather rude. I don't see how the origins of a religion can be founded upon making people look like letter boxes. It seems that political correctness (where I live) is the basis of English oppression. I'm not a racist or bigoted guy by principal - I've just lost my patience having to live in an area in England where it seems to be unfortunate to be English. Reading this, I can understand how it may sound like I'm some sort of fascist, whereas in fact, I'd consider myself a victim of racism in the Country that I originate from. I am so pissed off...

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
In my area (Near London, England) the majority of the community are Islamic and ridicule you for being white. The only food my college serves is ****ig Halal meat... What if I have a moral objection to eating food that could have been prayed to by some nutter? Would I go to Baghdad and demand that they only serve fish and chips and wear England football shirts? And socially, I find veils rather rude. I don't see how the origins of a religion can be founded upon making people look like letter boxes. It seems that political correctness (where I live) is the basis of English oppression. I'm not a racist or bigoted guy by principal - I've just lost my patience having to live in an area in England where it seems to be unfortunate to be English. Reading this, I can understand how it may sound like I'm some sort of fascist, whereas in fact, I'd consider myself a victim of racism in the Country that I originate from. I am so pissed off...

Jimbob78

You have my sentiments, apart from the comment about veils. Maybe you should making moving to another area a priority.
Inhuman evil take down!
at my University (Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)

I know we have like a 'black student advisor' (that is the name of the position. BSAD for short) and a few bursaries of a similar nature.

BUT

anybody can go talk to the BSAD it isnt like a black person only type thing. I think it is remarkably liberal. We also have a womens center where guys are allowed to hang out. All in all it is pretty awesome.
Quote by Something Big
you can take comfort in the fact that your dog was both older and smarter than the majority of UG
Quote by Guitarist132
There is here

I like to call it Black History Month

Things like that awaken the Nazi in me.
Quote by Guitarist132
There is here

I like to call it Black History Month

Yes black history month is very racist I agree. Also, there are racist schools and organizations in the U.S. such as United Negro College Fund and "black" colleges (what a joke)
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

White Man Televison

yeah i know. thats always pissed me off
Yeah the government is racist. They see the black people as weak people. So in order for them to have a fighting chance in society; the government gives them benefits. It is like being a black is a handicap. Interestingly enough though the blacks complain because black history month is the shortest month. Oh well...
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

White Man Televison

Lawl, I watch BET sometimes for Rap City.
Page 1 of 2