Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Feb 17, 2007,
Doofus
Scottish and Proud!
65 IQ
O_O dude. that was mind blowing...unbelievable lol...you are in actual fact, a life saver...i have been stressed out to **** recently and have had bother getting to sleep. after listening to your piece, i felt so relaxed...like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders..all thanks to your music. thanks man XD *man hug*
now, where do we start...i dont quite know what to say...the rhodes thing (no idea what it is) but it sounded fantastic, really sets the mood of the song and carries most of the emotion through out. everything else kinda sits back in awe of the rhodes tbh. the guitar work was tremendous. couldnt have sounded any better, the riffs were catchy, the melody was excellent and the solo was outta this world. unbelivable harmony also, everything just seemed to flow perfectly, the timing on every instrument was spot on, the buildup section just blew me away. every note just seemed to be like...telling its own indiviual story and i totally connected with everyone of them. this song has everything. you, my friend, are a genius. can i be your bitch? ...please? lmao. nah im joking :P

by far the best piece of music ive heard on these forums, chuffed for you mate, not every day you hear something like this, hope you can do something with it

i would love for you to Crit one of my songs, if not both. your obviously a great song writer and could prolly give me some great advice, i would really appreciate it if you could. thanks man

song 1 :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514912

song 2 :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518266
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
wow thanks mate, im going to record this (which is gonna take forever) and maybe add some lyrics to it, ull hear this again
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

culex-knight
mon titre d'utilisateur
400 IQ
This is the only midi piece I've had the pleasure of saying I've put on repeat.

Amazing.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

CaptainOfSmug
Morbid Mushroom
1,360 IQ
Wow, simply amazing. The layering is done superbly. Easily one of the most peaceful thing I've heard in a long while. I think it took a while to get going, but thats not nessacarily (god I hate that word I can never spell it ) a bad thing. If I was in my Opeth mood I would rate this 11/10, for now 10/10. It's just so relaxing and the solo has some emotional power or something of that sort. It's really nice, I don't even think it need vocals.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
killsweng
Stay Metal \m/
76 IQ
God damn that intro is dreamy! Reminded me of Sigur Ros a lot, which is funny because i dont actually listen to them :|. The build up and the band entering was orgasmic indeed. Solo was exceptional, i think you showed a lot of patience and restraint, its one of those solo's where you can close your eyes and just wait for the notes to come, and you know they will be perfect. Then the acoustic solo releases all that energy and ... its brilliant, really is. Would love to hear a recording of this.

My Song
buckethead_jr
6,792 IQ
That was beautiful!
Not much to crit on because it's dead on perfect. The layering was superbly done and that solo was just , amazing, it had some aura around it, amazing.
The lead up to the band joining in was also great, really made you want to listen more.
Sorry, there's not like anything to crit, it's perfect IMO.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512517
Left_hander_nz
likes the musics
149 IQ
wow u dont often see a perfect piece like this...just wow thats amazing
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
wow, i didnt know you all would enjoy it so much considering most of the songs here are metal. Thanks, ill get to all your songs later, im in history class right now
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Guitar328
Banned
263 IQ
ummm HOLY SHIT DUDE! that was fvcking incredible!!!!!!!!!!! How does this not have more replies? this could very well be one of the greatest songs written on UG

HOLY SHIT
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
thanks, anyone else?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

NovemberRain273
I don't like Guns n Roses
5,451 IQ
Wow that really was incredible dude. I could probably go to sleep to that intro. Umm, I dunno what to crit I mean it's so hard to find anything...I cant really fin anythign at all! That was great! Definetly keep it up!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Guitarman015
Wipe down this!
2,498 IQ

****ing amazing
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
onebetter
User Registered
1,268 IQ
dude, that was awesome. Your right that a lot of stuff on here is metal, but a lot of people will still appreciate a great piece like this. I can honestly say this is probably one of the best songs I've ever heard on here, although some of NovemberRain's stuff is really good. The solo made me laugh becuase you used the same exact lick that I used in one of my songs. But, it sounds like crap in mine, so I wont accuse you of plagirism. Excellent piece, crit one of mine? There in my sig, listen to melodeath to hear the lick I'm talking about, its in the first verse.
gallagher2006
UG Addict
5,851 IQ
Pretty good mate. I wouldn't mind seeing how this turns out properly recorded. It's nice to see you didn't break the mood by adding something unnessesery, like a huge guitar solo or anything. The only thing I think of improving on would be the guitar sort of comes on a bit strong when it firsts enters, but other than that, amazing compostition mate!

****Please keep my name and send me a PM when you have recorded this****
Pieceofmind019
Krisiun Freak
233 IQ
Ummmm i guess im just missing something here cause i didnt care for it a hole lot. Dont get me wrong it was extremely well writen but the intro and build up took way to long and it was kinda repetitive. The solo was amazing thought

Overall it was just ok 7/10
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
Quote by Pieceofmind019
Ummmm i guess im just missing something here cause i didnt care for it a hole lot. Dont get me wrong it was extremely well writen but the intro and build up took way to long and it was kinda repetitive. The solo was amazing thought

Overall it was just ok 7/10

you metal heads and your ways

ill get to the rest of your crits tonight
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

D_y_p26
UG member
1,566 IQ
damn this is amazing, I really want to hear this recorded.
6_6_6_1_syn
UG Newbie
854 IQ
i see both sides of this...it was pefectly written and the olo was unbelievable, but I can also see Pieceofmind019s point
Mack56
mackabre
1,077 IQ
This was an amazing song, man. Good job, excellent writing and well, yeah. what all the other people have said.
Archaon
Minister of Sin
324 IQ
Glad to see there are people on UG that actually know how to compose. Simply put, this is amazing. There's a really warm feeling to it, really relaxing and such.

I'm going to upload some of my songs in a few days (they're on the other computer) and hopefully you can check them out.
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
thanks to all for the crits that keep on coming. I am in the middle of recording it now but it may be a few weeks, im only 14 so most of my day is school/homework but i will try to get this done by president's day (for those living in america)
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

§tratocaster
UG's #1 Procrastinater
1,738 IQ
that was really nice, i liked the solo alot. im not sure about the ending (last 3 measures)
...sounded kinda wacky with the snare drum.
i liked the rhodes piano, i haven't heard those in a song before, sounds great in this one.

haha this one will be a challenge for you to record...near 8 minutes long!!! good luck.

wanna crit mine? (orange link in sig)
RPotts
494 IQ
^
That is basically the only thing wrong, is the two snares, not a very good last note thing. I like the ride buildup a lot, but then it needs to just end I believe. But ****ing out of 140 bars of near perfection I can easily still call this piece wonderful.

In response to the idea of how most songs on here are metal -

That whats makes this unique, we're used to opening a thread that either says Technical Death Metal or Melodic Death Metal, ha, which are both fine, but this just stands out.

It's nice to see that no part of the song was sped up for no reason, no sweep picking in the guitar solo, or tapping. The Rhodes piano actually came out surprisingly well even through the midi in GP. The breakdown was great, the intro, solo everything was very good, which is amazing because you're so young compared to most people when they start composing good music.

The synth was also a nice touch, added some texture to the already intricate harmony, and I like how every instrument got its part in the song. The Rhodes dominated the intro, the guitar had the solo, the synths were in the buildup or whatever, can't recall.

Can you play all of these instruments? I'm curious because I think it's hard to compose for an instrument you can't play, although GP helps.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Furious Bob
125 IQ
One word, genius, I never heard something like that on UG before, once you record this please pm it to me... I've been listening it on loop even if it's in MIDI and I hate MIDI.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
Pure_Morning
Boo
369 IQ
Wow. Amazing!

I'd be very jealous if you do indeed own a Fender Rhodes!
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi
1,292 IQ
yeah well im a metalhead, but i like most genres of music i can say that i loved it, the layering was really good and that intro was...idk really soft and cool lol, the solo was amazing, both of them

please send a PM when you have it recorded i have no doubt it will sound amazing
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
Quote by Pure_Morning
Wow. Amazing!

I'd be very jealous if you do indeed own a Fender Rhodes!

sadly i dont, the rhodes piano is my favorite instrument besides of course the guitar
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Stolenidentity1
UGsRetarded baby on crack
724 IQ
im pretty much pure metalhead, but god damn that was freaking amazing, i loved it all, most songs people make on here wont learn but, i picked up my bass and was like weedly weedly weeoewwwwww badda boww bom, it was so melo and cool

10/10 from me
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
Quote by Stolenidentity1
im pretty much pure metalhead, but god damn that was freaking amazing, i loved it all, most songs people make on here wont learn but, i picked up my bass and was like weedly weedly weeoewwwwww badda boww bom, it was so melo and cool

10/10 from me

hey, thanks for learning my song dude , as for the recording, ive got a lot of it done, the only thing i have to do is record the bass and the solo. My brother is bringing his bass when he comes home from college next weekend so i can record the bass then

ill keep ya posted
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Liam Efting
The Wiz
87 IQ
Hey man, this is absolutely grand.

I've been listening to it on repeat, trying to find something I don't like, and it sounds really really good...

I've been playing Xenosaga III lately, and you have captured that sort of wierd spacy sci-fi feel well, very very cool. And you wrote music with a rhoads that didn't make me want to stab my eardrums out with an icepick, which is goood.

I give you a 10/10 for stunning writing abilities. Absolutely bang on man.

Crit Sodomy?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523059
NOTE: I will crit your songs back, I'm Dial up, be patient.
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
thanks, ill get to your crit, i have 3 tests tomorrow and 2 tests the next day so i dunno when but ill get to it this weekend at the latest
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

saddam
Carcass
1,808 IQ
The intro is wonderful: smooth, relaxing, just perfect, but when the acoustic guitars come in it ruined the vibe for me. There are these 3 notes in the intro part that really remind me of the Jurassic Park theme song . The solo part was very good, I enjoyed that a lot. Overall, it feels too repetitive for me, but you sure know how to write a nice, catchy melody, for which I must congratulate you, because I can't do that... .
8/10

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526435

grtz
thenephilim
chicken of bristol!
214 IQ
best piece i've ever heard on UG - period. However, the little bit right at the end might sound a bit better if the piece was fading out as this happens. Keep up the great work
TheDarkestNights
UG Addict
3,034 IQ
o_O.

Wow. That was the best thing I've heard in a while. Completely different to what I usually hear, so a treat for me in that aspect as well.

However, some parts were too repetative and I didn't care for it much. But that solo was mindblowing, and overall I'd give it a 9/10.

Very well done.
R E G G A E
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
the song has been recorded, check the 1st post
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy