The headstock is reminiscent of Guild, but I don't know that they've ever had a midi capable guitar, or the like.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
I don't think it is a guild. That headstock looks like the Ibanez Artcore headstocks and Ibanez PM Series too. Guild mainly focuses on acoustics and I don't know if it is a Godin because it has no pictures or even body styles that resemble this guitar. So, so far we have the bastard child of Guild, Ibanez and Godin.
More info

David Byrne also uses that guitar on Stop Making Sense and I've always wondered what it was. He plays it on slippery people and crosseyed and painless. On another guitar forum they thought it might be a guild too, but none of the guild models fit its shape exactly. I thought all the switches might have been added aftermarket but theyre there on both the metheny pic and on byrnes

Also, someone suggested that it could possibly be an extremely old B.C. Rich
It's a Roland GR300 Synth guitar. Pat Metheny IS famous for it you know.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Roland+GR300+Guitar

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by TheGuitaristMan
More info

David Byrne also uses that guitar on Stop Making Sense and I've always wondered what it was. He plays it on slippery people and crosseyed and painless. On another guitar forum they thought it might be a guild too, but none of the guild models fit its shape exactly. I thought all the switches might have been added aftermarket but theyre there on both the metheny pic and on byrnes

Also, someone suggested that it could possibly be an extremely old B.C. Rich

That looks kind of like a B.C. Rich logo. An old one, of course.