I have a crappy target les paul (I think its called Epoch) and it only has a tailpeice. I was wondering if i could put a bridge on it and move back the tailpiece about half an inch back or would this ruin the harmonics or something else? Thanks in advance.
well if you put the bridge in the same spot as the bridge, , it wont. But your gonna have to drill holes for the tailepiece.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
^ The Wrap-around bridge pretty much IS a tailpiece. Some do have a ridge along the top which has been compensated for intonation, but the only way to intonate the old Gibson Wrap-arounds was by a grub screw on each post to adjust the angle. How accurate...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
^ I do. MUCH better intonation adjustment, and the strings won't move around as much as they might on a Wrap-around. Easier to adjust action too.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by forsaknazrael
But on an Epoch? They're worse than low end Squiers.

Haha, i know. I just thought I could do something to ease its pain besides killing it.